Join for free
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:09 AM

Sopranos

During my lockdown I have been watching all 6 series of the Sopranos.
Last evening I watched the last episode. Series 6 episode 21. I can’t understand how or why it ended as it did and it makes me wonder if I have missed something.
The family Tony and his wife and son were sitting in a restaurant and you saw the daughter coming through the door to obviously join them. That was it. The screen went black and the titles came up.
Have I missed something, what was that all about?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:14 AM

Re: Sopranos

That's the way it ends. It leaves you with the question as to whether it was Meadow who came through the door or whether it was an assassin to get Tony. From memory I think you only saw Meadow looking for a park and then finding one across the street. I don't remember seeing her actually walking up to the restaurant door. While you're locked down check out Ray Donovan with Liev Schreiber and Eddie Marsan. IT's brilliant. Same genre.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:16 AM

James Gandolfini AKA Tony Soprano sadly died so maybe that's why the series ended. A really great series, one of my favourites ever.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
James Gandolfini AKA Tony Soprano sadly died so maybe that's why the series ended. A really great series, one of my favourites ever.
That was my understanding EZ.
Great series don't think it would have been the same with a stand in taking his place.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:47 AM

Thanks. I did not know that he died during the making of the series. So as said that was why it ended as it did.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

30-04-2020, 10:59 AM

I have just watched the last bit again. Yes you see Meadow running across the road, then there is a shot of Tony and a ‘ding’ of the door as it opens and Tony looks up, and screen goes black for a while until the credits come up.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
That was my understanding EZ.
Great series don't think it would have been the same with a stand in taking his place.
Yep, they were in talks for another series but ...

The Sopranos is the only box set we've ever bought (and it's still in its wrapper )

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top