Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 08:11 PM

Re: Why?

I don't think it's completely true that you have to be poor to be happy, money may not buy happiness but anyone who thinks that's true didn't know where to go shopping.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Why is it that lying, cheating and greed are allowed to succeed in life for some whereas caring, compassion and talent often isn’t?

It's just life some are smarter and clever than others to get what one wants in life , I would call it drive to susceed at all cost
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Why is it that lying, cheating and greed are allowed to succeed in life for some whereas caring, compassion and talent often isn’t?
Because lying, cheating and greed can often get you ahead faster, sadly. It shouldn't be the case, but we see it so many times.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 08:31 PM

We all have the choice of which way to play it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
In fact those who "appear" to be prospering, may not always be as content as they seem.
Very good point. I always think when I see people in flash cars that they are nearly always leased vehicles nowadays, the person driving doesn't own the car, likewise some footballers earn disgusting amounts of money but they can hardly be popular or loved judging by the stupid way they behave off the field.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 08:20 AM

Leave the phone at home, go out into the country, stand in the middle of a field, absorb the vista, see if you can be happy as a Pig in Shit.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Very good point. I always think when I see people in flash cars that they are nearly always leased vehicles nowadays, the person driving doesn't own the car, likewise some footballers earn disgusting amounts of money but they can hardly be popular or loved judging by the stupid way they behave off the field.

I don't know , the clients I do work for are doing very well , Bentleys and ferraris on the drive , in many london roads house after house you wouldn't buy for under ten million , if they have been little dishonest getting their money so be it , it's give honest me and others plenty of work ,

Regarding football players ronaldo give 5 million of his earnings to the earth quake vitims , another player has build a school in Africa , there's hundrens of football players that pay back into the needy with their earnings
Anita
Midlands, UK

30-05-2015, 09:10 AM

There is usually an assumption that anyone who has money is by default a nasty person.
That makes no more sense than saying that anyone who doesn't has to be very nice.
People are good and bad rich and poor alike.
There are rich who are generous and there are poor who are not, just as there are poor who will give what little they have and rich who don't give anything.

A good person who becomes well off is not automatically now a bad person or vice versa.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
I don't know , the clients I do work for are doing very well , Bentleys and ferraris on the drive , in many london roads house after house you wouldn't buy for under ten million , if they have been little dishonest getting their money so be it , it's give honest me and others plenty of work ,

Regarding football players ronaldo give 5 million of his earnings to the earth quake vitims , another player has build a school in Africa , there's hundrens of football players that pay back into the needy with their earnings
Gawd - talk about 'I'm alright Jack !'
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:20 AM

It's not just Footballers who have gotten rich kicking spherical objects.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top