Join for free
Page 581 of 754 « First < 81 481 531 571 579 580 581 582 583 591 631 681 > Last »
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 05:44 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Good afternoon all. Thanks Roxy I have put you on my 'friend' list. I put that in inverted commas as you are the one and only! It's been pouring here all day. I'm supposed to lunch in a friends garden on Thursday but that might need a change of venue. I will wait until I hear from her as the weather is different in a couple of mile radius sometimes. May, I need some of your dedication. I'm on my laptop when the TV is on so it would be hard to balance it on a bike! My other problem (here come the excuses) is that I'm often out for an hour or so in the morning and when I get back can't be bothered starting exercises as I've already showered and dressed. Told you I had a lot of excuses! Hairdresser tomorrow. I'm still going to keep it longer & just have it trimmed I think. Jess, we're going to have to start using our diaries again if we keep up this social life. Have a good evening
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 06:02 PM

SW England report, caught a nice Salmon today on my local river about 12Lbs and looking forward to a nice Salmon salad on Wednesday,

Cheers folk.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 08:55 AM

Morning, Dull and cloudy here this morning. Hope you all survived the awful rain yesterday. We were lucky only a couple of showers early on. Well I'm fizzing mad, went out this morning to find all the new turf ripped up and big gouges in the earth. Those bloody birds I could strangle them. I'm heading off to the builders to get some slabs, and I hope they break their blooming beaks on them. Gggrrrrr.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 09:06 AM

Good Morning Ladies,it's another grey wet one here but no wind,..making a chicken curry for lunch but no nan bread,so rice will have to do,

@ Beki re' exercise..it's always been a way of Life for Me,netball,running,dancing,jogging etc',I can't do these any more due to OA,so it's mainly stretching,low impact aerobics,bike,walking to keep bones/muscles strong,and for My circulation which We need to keep an eye on as We age...I also have lots of energy so not a problem so far

Had paint & new brushes delivered to tackle My hall which hasn't been touched for quite a few years so that should keep Me from getting bored for a few days...see Ye A' later,xx

I have the same prob' with the magpies here Rox who nest in the trees at the bottom of the garden,not much I can do about them as they come back year after year,shame about Your new turf,x
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 09:45 AM

Good morning ladies. Beki I'm like you I cant be bothered with exercise, I like a good walk along the prom. May had the house painted before lockdown so that will do me for a few years. Roxy I didn't know that magpies liked tearing up grass. Is it for their nests ? Rain finally stopped about teatime here yesterday but the wind was still blowing. Going into town later to look for a waterproof jacket or coat.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 08:46 PM

Good evening ladies. It has rained quite a lot today but I managed to dodge it. Had my hair trimmed today. I'm still enjoying it being a bit longer. Is there no end to your talent s May? Painting your hall. That's a big task. I'm waiting for the joiner to put up a new handrail & glass bannister panels and then it will probably need painted. Big grey clouds gathering so not sure what my tea in a friends garden will turn into tomorrow. I have suggested meeting in the city centre for tea or lunch so we will wait and see. If it's heavy rain I might just postpone. Can't be bothered messing about with umbrella, mask, glasses steaming up & hopping on and off buses. I'm getting to be a right old moan these days. Hope the weather brightens up for you Roxy so tht you can enjoy your new garden furniture. Take care.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 09:43 AM

Good morning ladies. Roxy thanks for the friends request. Beki hope you your lunch today with your friend, hope the weather stays ok for you. Went into town yesterday for a few bits and pieces. Housework while I'm waiting for a guy to come and clean the oven. Then out for a walk later.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 09:54 AM

Good morning Each,another cloudy wet one here but I'd still like to get outdoors for a long walk to stretch My legs...Unfortunately I can't as I'm in Self isolation until next wednesday morning when I have an appt' with the plastic surgery team who did My skin cancer op'..It's not at My local hosp' but at the new Louisa Jordan which is in the Glasgow SEC complex,haven't a clue how to get there but luckily enough My SIL is back shift next week so He can take Me...The letter from NHS has 5 pages of instructions re' the risks of spreading covid-19!....I hate Hospitals but I'm more nervous this time...hoping for the all clear.

Have a good day all and stay safe.xx
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland

27-08-2020, 09:48 PM

Good evening all. I had a great catch up with 2 friends today. It rained heavily at various times but I was lucky & inside each time so didn't get wet. May, there is a McGills bus from George Square which stops outside SECC and it also has a train station. I usually get the train from Central station when I'm going but there are other stations. I have caught the train from Whifflet (Coatbridge) directly to SECC & I'm sure my brother has travelled from Hamilton Station. I never used public transport until I joined a walking group. We didn't do circular walks so met locally and used trains and buses to our starting point and then to return, usually a different route. I have got to know quite a lot of areas and the transport routes. Hope you have all had a good day. Take care.
valentinojess
largs, scotland

28-08-2020, 09:08 AM

Good morning ladies. Beki glad you enjoyed your time yesterday with your friends. We didn't have any rain till the afternoon when I went out shopping. Oven sparkling and I don't want to use it. Hairdressers today and then some shopping.

Page 581 of 754 « First < 81 481 531 571 579 580 581 582 583 591 631 681 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top