Join for free
Page 583 of 754 « First < 83 483 533 573 581 582 583 584 585 593 633 683 > Last »
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 08:39 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Good evening all. I wish Doris would save on expenses, which we are paying, and stay where he has spent most, if not all, of his adult life. He wasn't keen to visit when he was writing columns in the press and making comments such as those quoted here:
https://www.indy100.com/article/bori...mments-9634571

However each visit is another YES vote so maybe I shouldn't be so harsh. It was nippy this morning Roxy. We haven't got to frost yet but September starts tomorrow so it won't be long. I did some housework today so the garden had a break. Busy tomorrow so maybe later in the week, weather allowing. I want to snuggle up in bed - is it too early? I started to watch the JK Rowling/Robert Galbraith adaptation on BBC last night. I rarely watch TV but thought I would look in again tonight & see how it is. I haven't read the books but might do that if I find it OK. It was a bit muddled so I may or may not watch the next episodes. Take care.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 10:23 AM

Morning, Another cold start today. Just back from the dogs walk and the wind chill was blasting right into me. Don't think I'll bother putting my fleece back in the hall cupboard, probably need it again tomorrow.
Beki I really enjoyed Strike the first time it was on, a while ago now so I'm hoping this will be as gripping, I also hope Robyn tells that nasty husband of hers to go to hell.
Not good headlines in the papers this morning, I think we're heading back to lockdown thanks to the selfish ones who won't do as they're asked.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	13616  
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 11:06 AM

Good Morning Each,a bright chilly one here so a wee bit of weeding/pruning in the garden,

Aye it looks that way Roxy as some Folk are just not sticking to the rules,like the Woman I heard on the radio some time back who said She didn't vote for Nicola Sturgeon,so She wasn't going to take Her advice on covid,so I'm guessing She and the rest of the anti Scottish Gov' are spreading this virus around without caring a damn about others, just like these eejits below,

The Defence Secretary was today pictured shaking hands with someone on his way to a socially distanced meeting of Boris Johnson's top table.

Ben Wallace was seen greeting a man this morning as MPs returned to Westminster following the summer recess.

Mr Wallace was on his way to a cabinet meeting that is due to be chaired by Prime Minister from 10am.

The meeting is being held in the Foreign Office because there is more space for all the cabinet ministers to socially distance than in Downing Street.

Mr Johnson is expected to urge his ministers to get Britain back to “more normality”.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 08:10 PM

Good evening ladies. The news wasn't so bad, no thanks to those who know better re Covid precautions. We have managed to get through Lockdown thinking and hoping that there might be an end in sight. I know it hasn't been easy for anyone but prolonging it will definitely lower morale. Maybe we should just fine people for disregarding the need for hygiene and distancing measures. We have the means of tracing them when there is an outbreak and it should be quite easy to determine the 'carriers'. It was quite warm out today. No bright sunshine but heat in the air. I was in the garden for a couple of hours. Glad I did when I see rain is forecast for the next couple of days. At least there is plenty in the news and media to keep our blood boiling! Take care.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland

01-09-2020, 08:16 PM

Roxy, meant to say I didn't see earlier Strike series. I'm terrible with TV and can never remember which days programmes are on, that's when I actually switch it on. I quite enjoyed the 2 episodes I saw but may just look for the books to download. I think I will enjoy reading them more that watching.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 09:30 AM

Morning, Not too bad here dry but windy. Heading over to Wick today to do a big stock up from the Tesco there. It's really huge and I can get a good choice, not like our wee Tesco, that's more like a corner shoppie lol.
Have a good day everyone, the dog enjoyed playing with the ducks at Dunnet this morning.

May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 01:38 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies,not long back from My app' with the the Plastic Surgeon at the Louisa Jordan hospital, and I'm a happy bunny as She told Me the cancer was excised successfully so She won't have to see Me again..unless it returns which She assured Me was unlikely...such a relief..will enjoy My lunch now.

See Ye a' later..take care..be safe,xx
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland

02-09-2020, 03:12 PM

Good day all. Good news May. I think you should have a little toast (alcoholic) with your lunch. What a beautiful photograph Roxy. It was warm out this morning so I thought we may have been lucky & the rain had passed us by. Wrong - it has rained heavily on and off for a couple of hours. The good news is that the sun is out. Is our Jess off gallivanting again? Hope so and that she has lots to tell us on her return. Take care.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 06:26 PM

Good evening ladies. Beki I miss some programmes and decide to watch them on I player. Roxy our Tesco is an express so you cant get much in there. May congratulations on the news from the surgeon. Pouring rain here all day, I went to get my nails done and then came home again.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

03-09-2020, 10:58 AM

Good Morning Each,another wet murky one here and I'm still in My pjs after having a long lie in,

waiting for a delivery of new mob' and a gift of a garden ornament for Daughter & SIL for being so helpful & caring over these past few months,

take care all and stay safe.xx

Page 583 of 754 « First < 83 483 533 573 581 582 583 584 585 593 633 683 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top