Join for free
Page 596 of 754 « First < 96 496 546 586 594 595 596 597 598 606 646 696 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 11:27 AM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Good Morning Each,a fine sunny one here at the moment so hung the washing out on the line..it took Me almost 15 mins to hang out 2 lines as I have sciatica and it's excruciating bending up & down.....but ..this too will pass ...and so will this damned virus...nothing lasts forever and that's what We must hang on to....not getting out for My walks for a wee while just doing stretching in the shower hot & cold a couple of times a day along with paracetamol,

Stay safe Folks and enjoy Your weekend as much as You can,xxx
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 12:49 PM

Hi all. it's a bit windy and cold here today, I feel a bit lazy, so won't be doing much more than cook today, May hope your sciatica improves,,,have you tried a tens machine?...O.H. and I are both bothered with sore backs, and we,ve had a tens machine for years , use it instead of painkillers.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:10 PM

Good afternoon ladies. Hi May good to see you posting again, hope the sciatica eases up. Sunny here at the moment but probably cold. Going to take a walk down to the local market and see what food and other things are on offer.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 09:37 AM

Good morning. Raining here after the lovely sunny weather at the weekend. Going for my flu jab later and some shopping.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 10:08 AM

Morning All, Rain here too thank goodness I got the grass all done. Heading to the garden centre later as I want to get a load of those colourful wee Primula plants to put in my tubs, they are a lovely bit of cheer in the winter months.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 10:22 AM

Good Morning Folks,aye it's wet & drizzly here too Jessie..I haven't had a letter about the flu' jab yet so don't know when I'll get it..but at least You're getting out of the House for a wee while among other People

No I don't have a tens machine now Paula as I tried it years ago with no success,but thanks for Your concern ...Sciatic pain almost gone now but I've had it so many times over the years and know gentle stretching exercises are the only thing that helps...I did it lifting a heavy Parcel which was delivered last week,..the Guy who lifted it into My hall warned Me it was heavy..but stupid Me lifted it up and twisted around to take it indoors...eejit that I am..but it was worth the pain as it was a record player,so I've been listening to My old vinyl 78s which I haven't played for over 40 yrs...Fab' nostalgia,

Keep safe Everyone,and for those of You who live alone and are back in isolation here's a hug,xx
valentinojess
largs, scotland

12-10-2020, 05:54 PM

Roxy, I got pansies and violas the other week and put them into pots. May I've a CD player but haven't played it for a while. I thought everybody received a letter about the flu jag. I got the date wrong for mine. I made the appointment with Morrisons I've to take the letter along and they'll do it for free.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

12-10-2020, 06:42 PM

I think the different Health boards in Scotland send the letters out at different times Jessie..I recall getting Mine at the end of October last year,but I forgot to make an app't at the surgery..it wasn't until I had to see the Doc' about something else at the end of November when She said "I'll give You the flu' jab while You're here",,,get the feeling They'll be snowed under this year because of Covid!
valentinojess
largs, scotland

13-10-2020, 09:21 AM

Good morning ladies. May I don't think this letter was from my health board. It has a www, and an 0800 number to call. My friend stays in Renfrew but had to go to Paisley for her jag. Hairdressers then the chiropodist this afternoon for me.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

13-10-2020, 09:54 AM

Good Morning Folks,wet n windy here but had a walk to the CO-OP for fresh fruit n veg and rolls,

What a palaver Jessie to get the flu jab...if I'm sent a letter to go for One where I have to get on a bus to get there, then there's nae chance of Me going! and I mean NAE chance...there's also less chance of Us getting infected with the flu' bug this year when We all have to wear facemasks /keep Our distance/etc' etc' wherever We go now,so I won't worry about it

Have a good day all and stay safe,xx

Lanarkshire is experiencing a high volume of calls about this year’s flu vaccination programme.

In response to the heighted enquiries Dr Mark Russell, associate medical director for Health and Social Care North Lanarkshire, has issued a note of strong reassurance – and asked for public support and patience.

Dr Russell said: “We understand that people are anxious and want to know when they will receive their flu vaccination.

“We would like to reassure the public that everyone who is eligible, will receive an appointment for their vaccination.

“We use the details from GP practice lists to identify who is eligible.

“If you have previously received the vaccine from your GP, then you will be on the list to receive it this year.

“If you are not sure if you are eligible, visit www.nhsinform.scot/flu and use the ‘How to get the flu vaccine in your area’ guide.”
This year, more than 300,000 people across Lanarkshire are eligible for the flu vaccine.

These include two to five-year-olds (not yet in school); everyone aged under 65 at risk; those who are 65 and over; people who have been shielding from Covid-19, and members of their households; and 55 to 64-year-olds (who are not otherwise eligible, if vaccine supplies allow later in the programme).

The health board is unable to provide details of individual appointments, as this is done nationally.

However, all appointments for priority patients will be issued within the next seven weeks.

Page 596 of 754 « First < 96 496 546 586 594 595 596 597 598 606 646 696 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top