Join for free
Page 678 of 737 « First < 178 578 628 668 676 677 678 679 680 688 728 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 02:11 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well I've heard one bit of good news for a change, the big public display closeby has been called off this year.

No more scared animals, no hearing the birds in the surrounding trees panicking after they've gone to roost, no more picking up dead rockets next day, no more huge bangs rattling my windows and no more ash covered cars in the morning either.
Yippeeeee. . .
Ours has been cancelled too, but as the stupid shops are selling fireworks I expect people will let them off at home..Sheezeee poor animals.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Ours has been cancelled too, but as the stupid shops are selling fireworks I expect people will let them off at home..Sheezeee poor animals.

Oh Gawd Roxy, I bet you're right, I never thought of that.
So we can probably look forward to lots of nearby bangs and flashes in everyone's gardens this year, instead of one big main do for the general public.

The shops should have not been allowed to sell them this year for this very reason.
I know every year some of us say they should be for public displays only nowadays, but while money is to be made, the shops and supermakets will still carry on.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Idiots setting off fireworks!
Well there'll be a few fireworks set off at Judd Manor come 31st December to celebrate the end of the transition period and be out of the clutches of the EU.

If you see what looks like a huge explosion accompanied by a mushroom cloud over the Pennines, that'll be my mega-blaster rocket taking off and exploding in the night sky. Just tape your windows up in case the shock wave hits you.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Well there'll be a few fireworks set off at Judd Manor come 31st December to celebrate the end of the transition period and be out of the clutches of the EU.

If you see what looks like a huge explosion accompanied by a mushroom cloud over the Pennines, that'll be my mega-blaster rocket taking off and exploding in the night sky. Just tape your windows up in case the shock wave hits you.
That's an excellent idea, and one to be applauded, J.

Unfortunately, around here, they let off all the fireworks they can lay their hands on, on that day, to celebrate the new year.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 08:44 PM

This is what fireworks do to my dog, it's awful to watch him so scared. I detest fireworks being let off any old place. Organised displays I can deal with, one night only but this every night for weeks. No.

https://youtu.be/Rbd-BSCcqgE
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
The very same months when offerings of flowers, small stuffed animals get well soon cards and flowers are laid at the bases of trees that stopped speeding cars full of drunken teenagers...suddenly. The trees seem to survive the impact.
And it's usually a BMW.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh I see. So you and OGF are 'an item', are you?

Does OGF know?

: shock::s hock::sh ock::sho ck::shoc k::shock :
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
This is what fireworks do to my dog, it's awful to watch him so scared. I detest fireworks being let off any old place. Organised displays I can deal with, one night only but this every night for weeks. No.

https://youtu.be/Rbd-BSCcqgE
Yes. Our cats are the same.
I'd really like to outlaw fireworks, at least the very loud ones.
Small, colourful ones are quieter and more attractive but, unfortunately, loud bangs seem to appeal to the young yobs of today.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-10-2020, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
: shock::s hock::sh ock::sho ck::shoc k::shock :
You mean, he never told you?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-10-2020, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You mean, he never told you?
I didn't realise he still had feelings for me since our divorce JB....

Page 678 of 737 « First < 178 578 628 668 676 677 678 679 680 688 728 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top