Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 09:39 PM

A Bridlington Excursion

Here in South Yorkshire we will be in a virtual lockdown from Saturday, so Mrs Fox and me decided to take a trip to Bridlington, that might be our last visit for a while.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 09:58 PM

Re: A Bridlington Excursion

That looks lovely Bob, good idea to visit while you can and that fresh sea air will do you good.

Fortunately there's no sign of a lockdown for us down here yet, but as things are going I daresay it won't be far off.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That looks lovely Bob, good idea to visit while you can and that fresh sea air will do you good.

Fortunately there's no sign of a lockdown for us down here yet, but as things are going I daresay it won't be far off.
Thanks Mags, the weather was beautiful and the lunch at the garden centre on the way was delicious....

Although all South Yorkshire will be under lockdown from Saturday, I think the main source of infections are the heavily populated areas like Sheffield, Rotherham, and Barnsley, but we will follow all the advice and abide by the rules. Best not get too complacent, and hope our village can stay virus free....

I think the aim is to avoid swamping the local hospitals, but I believe the virus has a long way to go yet, and once lockdown has been lifted it will continue on it's path until either a vaccine has been discovered, or so many people have been infected that the link of transmission is broken...We can only hope it will be sooner than later Mags.....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 10:38 PM

Nice day out. Not a big surf that day then?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 10:40 PM

Stay safe Bob, it's not worth taking any risks and I hope your village stays free. I hate to think how long this virus will be with us.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 10:41 PM

It looks lovely and peaceful Foxy! Just the ticket at the moment
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 10:50 PM

Lovely day out for you and good photos. As a child, I went to Bridlington on a train from Leeds (my Mother's home city). I was very young and don't remember any of what it was like there, so it's good to see some photos of a seaside town I once had a day trip to.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 11:53 PM

Great photos, Foxy! Wish I had known you were going - I'd have hitched a lift and treated you both to Fish'n'chips!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 08:30 AM

I think I've only ever been to Bridlington once before...your pics are lovely so its on the list for a re-visit. You are right about staying safe Bob... me and Lion Queen realised we were breaking the rules and postponed our meeting....fed up with this virus
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 08:54 AM

I do love the sea it must have been lovely to feel the sea breeze on your face Bob. I am glad you were able to get out and enjoy your day.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top