Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 11:27 PM

Re: driving at night

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hi Paula

I too hate driving at night, it's about time someone invented headlamps that don't dazzle.

Those glasses our Judd suggested look good but I wear distance glasses for driving so they wouldn't be any good for me which is a real shame. If you don't wear glasses I think Judds suggestions is well worth buying.

Same here, Queenie.
Mine are prescription sunglasses/driving glasses too.

I fully appreciate what Paula's saying though, and the giant twerp who invented those blue headlights should be made to sit and look at them non-stop all one night.
I wish they were illegal.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 12:17 AM

My night vision is horrible for driving so basically I don’t drive @ night. I drive during the day so it’s safer.
McpDmpKcP
New Member!
Philadelphia PA
McpDmpKcP is female 

27-10-2020, 12:33 AM

I couldn't agree more, I despise driving at night
McpDmpKcP
New Member!
Philadelphia PA
McpDmpKcP is female 

27-10-2020, 12:35 AM

sorry about the name they really didn't give me much of an option.
McpDmpKcP
New Member!
Philadelphia PA
McpDmpKcP is female 

27-10-2020, 12:37 AM

My name is Mary, I'm 57 and I live in Philadelphia Pa.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 01:21 AM

Oh those terrible fluorescent headlights....they should be banned...I had to go and look after my grandson after he came home from school today...his mum was working and his dad was home at 5 pm....it wasn't dark then ,but they live on the coast and I was driving inland going home ...for 15 miles....I just wanted to stop at the side of the road and let them all pass me by....oh I had to have a glass or two to calm down when I got home...well that's my excuse...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 04:55 AM

I don't mind driving at night but I do try to avoid driving at dawn and dusk, at those times there too many big animals moving about with no road sense whatsoever.

Kangaroos, wombats and deer make a real mess of your car so I don't drive then unless it is absolutely unavoidable.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 09:03 AM

I bought some yellow flip up lenses to wear over my prescription glasses for night driving , they do help . Definitely worth getting.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 09:37 AM

Last time I had my eyes tested 2 years ago the Optician said I now needed specs for driving as well as reading (I don't get on with varifocals) and when I mentioned being dazzled by headlights on the rare occasion I drive at night he said that could be sorted with the new specs.

The new specs are fantastic, they cut the glare and I can now read subtitles on the TV.

So for anyone who is due new specs glare problems are worth a mention to your optician.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Oh those terrible fluorescent headlights....they should be banned...I had to go and look after my grandson after he came home from school today...his mum was working and his dad was home at 5 pm....it wasn't dark then ,but they live on the coast and I was driving inland going home ...for 15 miles....I just wanted to stop at the side of the road and let them all pass me by....oh I had to have a glass or two to calm down when I got home...well that's my excuse...

I agree, and it's what I said in my post too Paula, they should be illegal. And why is it so many drivers who have those icy blue headlights don't even dip the darn things for oncoming traffic too! Grrr. .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top