Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 03:10 PM

Post office yet again

Yes again the item via royal mail is shown as delivered but not to this address. The service is terrible I am sure they can't read, so lodged a complaint yet again.
Got so bad that I only get 2 out of 3 parcels now
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 03:50 PM

Re: Post office yet again

1. RS, firstly, is your door number clearly seen from the road where they would be parked?
When they have got a limited time for thousands of parcels to be delivered, they can't waste hours walking up and down trying to find a tiny little obscure number hidden round a side wall, or whatever?

2. Have you a notice on your gate about 'Dogs Loose' or some such thing that would put anyone off?

3. Did you request on your order, that the parcel could be left in designated safe place?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 03:56 PM

As long as the house number is on the front door there should not be a problem as that is the obvious place for it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
As long as the house number is on the front door there should not be a problem as that is the obvious place for it.
Ah, but what if the front door is on the side elevation of the property?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 04:07 PM

Mups
I PMed you photo of house number which faces you as you approach my house. Please tell others how clear it is.

can be seen here at a distance on garage pillar facing the driveway. If they can't see and read that then they are a danger on the road

Mups sent wrong photo see other I sent

No the postman must be blind not to see it and all the other houses are clearly numbered as well
Only answer is to lodge a formal complaint which I have done.

If I cocked up when with BT I would have been given a right telling off "bolloc*ing" by my boss.
If they can't do the job properly then sack them and get someone who ca actually read.

Wrong once understandable but not the amount of wrong deliveries we get to other houses
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 05:05 PM

Well I can’t even make out a number on the garage so what it must look like from you garden gate, goodness knows.

I suggest you put another number on your garden gate or pillar where the postman/delivery man can see it clearly.

Do all the other houses have their numbers on their garage?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 05:16 PM

Speedy did indeed send me a photo of his house number, and the number itself is clear enough.

However, unfortunately the photo doesn't give any indication of how far away it is from the pavement, plus the fact that if it keeps on happening, obviously there is a reason for this.

The postman is not going to open every gate to find a number, it has got to be clearly visible from the pavement outside a property, and if you don't mind me saying, your number looks rather small to be seen easily from a distance, especially on the darker mornings which are approaching.

I think you will have to either put the number on the gate so it can be easily seen before they come in, or otherwise, if you want to keep it on the garage, it might be better to make it twice the size, so there is no possibility of error.

If you make it much larger, and parcels still go astray, then I would say you have more reason for complaint.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

24-09-2020, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Speedy did indeed send me a photo of his house number, and the number itself is clear enough.

However, unfortunately the photo doesn't give any indication of how far away it is from the pavement, plus the fact that if it keeps on happening, obviously there is a reason for this.

The postman is not going to open every gate to find a number, it has got to be clearly visible from the pavement outside a property, and if you don't mind me saying, your number looks rather small to be seen easily from a distance, especially on the darker mornings which are approaching.

I think you will have to either put the number on the gate so it can be easily seen before they come in, or otherwise, if you want to keep it on the garage, it might be better to make it twice the size, so there is no possibility of error.

If you make it much larger, and parcels still go astray, then I would say you have more reason for complaint.
what gate don't have one
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

24-09-2020, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
what gate don't have one
Then surely the obvious place a postman would look is on the front door.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

24-09-2020, 06:32 PM

DHL, UPS and other delivery companies managed ok , royal mail can't

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top