Join for free
Page 8 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 03:54 PM

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

There is a notion that much of what we are seeing is so distorted due to the shape of spacetime as a result of massive amounts of energy that we could theoretically se our past, something akin to being able to see one's indoor lights projected outdoors. For those who have been to Disneyland or World, think of the ballroom scene in the haunted mansion.

Sometimes I wish we were brighter and not just reflecting light. There have been evenings when I have been out looking at the stars that I have take a comfort in imagining that the lives of the people and dogs I love most, but have lost, are still "playing" and perceivable out there in space.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
There is a notion that much of what we are seeing is so distorted due to the shape of spacetime as a result of massive amounts of energy that we could theoretically se our past, something akin to being able to see one's indoor lights projected outdoors. For those who have been to Disneyland or World, think of the ballroom scene in the haunted mansion.

Sometimes I wish we were brighter and not just reflecting light. There have been evenings when I have been out looking at the stars that I have take a comfort in imagining that the lives of the people and dogs I love most, but have lost, are still "playing" and perceivable out there in space.
Oh! Thank the Lord that someone understands my ramblings....And explains it better than I could.
I'm trying to assemble a drawing that explains how I think the universe works.
It might take some time.....
Family, house maintenance, metal detector construction, and life gets in the way of science occasionally.....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Oh! Thank the Lord that someone understands my ramblings....And explains it better than I could.
Family, house maintenance, metal detector construction, and life gets in the way of science occasionally.....
Why have I got the image of doc from back to the future...?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:06 AM

Seeing twinkling lights as a child, can influence the future, unfortunately.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 08:06 AM

I wonder if ghosts are people from the future coming back to have a look at us....like an authentic history lesson....don't laugh ts possible...well in my mind it is
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
But the Universe ain't working Foxy, its on furlough!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 08:31 AM

Yes!!!!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes!!!!!
Only in the Movies Bratti.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-01-2021, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I wonder if ghosts are people from the future coming back to have a look at us....like an authentic history lesson....don't laugh ts possible...well in my mind it is
I'm not laughing Summer but what you suggest would be impossible because the future hasn't happened yet...
It would also be impossible to visit the past. You would need to travel faster that the speed of light......186,000 miles per second, and even if you could travel at that speed you would only go back in time for one second...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-01-2021, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, of course we are seeing a distant star exploding in the past. However, according to OGF, there are no distant stars. He thinks that they are merely "reflections" of other stars perhaps the reflections of one single star, multiplied many times as the "reflection" gets bounced around ? Kinda hard to make any sense of gibberish.
NASA explains....

The farther away an object is, the longer its light takes to reach us. When you look across the room, you see something as it was a few billionths of a second ago, and when you look at the moon, you see the light that left it a little more than 1 second ago. If our star, the Sun, were to suddenly burn out, we wouldn't even know it for more than 8 minutes,because the last bit of light that left it would take that long to travel to Earth! Don't worry, though. The Sun is going to last for another 5 billion years or so! But what about all the more distant stars? It takes much longer for their light to reach us. When you look at the stars at night, you are seeing light that may have taken 20 or 30 or even a few hundred years to reach your eyes. You are looking back in time. The distances in the universe are so vast that scientists use the term "light year" to measure them. A light year is the distance light travels in one year, or 10 trillion kilometers. That's 1 followed by 13 zeros!

Because the Earth, the sun and the rest of our solar system, including everything you can see in the night sky is constantly moving, we do not occupy the same piece of space that we did last week, or last year....Therefore: when you look back in light years it's possible to see where the earth was in the past from where you are now....Because it was in a different place in space....Simples!

Page 8 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top