Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 05:38 PM

Anti Social Behaviour

Have you ever been a victim to this type of behaviour?
Did you report it to the police?
Do you believe this behaviour,is on the increase?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 05:43 PM

Re: Anti Social Behaviour

Yes ive been subjected to it before,, and in all cases i dealt with it myself as I have no faith in the police service in this country
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 05:52 PM

It's increasing rapidly here with some sort of incident almost every night. We had a new copper introduce himself in Sainbury's last year but haven't seen him since. No one bothers to report anything because by the time the police get here (from about five miles away) it's all over with and nothing is done about it anyway.

Recently on the town facebook page, a couple of people mentioned sorting it out ourselves which seemed to be quite a popular idea. Surprise, surprise, within two days a police car has been spotted in the town and some of the pork heads rounded up. The police really don't like it when the word 'vigilante' is mentioned.

I don't blame the police at all, I'm sure their hands are tied and they too busy arresting old ladies who drop fag butts and builders who whistle at ladies.

What's really disconcerting is that half the population feel sorry for the trouble makers.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 06:05 PM

I don't feel sorry for the trouble makers and I am heartily sick of the constant excuses used for bad behaviour.

In fact is there such a thing as bad behaviour now as it seems to be the victim at fault for allowing it to happen
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 06:06 PM

Yes,yes,& yes….by My now dead ex Husband...Police did bugger all about it as Wife beatings in those day was not deemed to be a crime....He was arrested for breach of the peace when three of My Neighbours phoned Them.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 06:11 PM

There was a very nasty incident in my neighbourhood,LD,..police were contacted,as of yet,nothing has been done,and further more,it was all captured on cctv,..there was a heck of a mess to clean up,..and guess what,the victim had to clear it up,now what is that saying to the anti social person?...I just can't understand the law!...
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Yes,yes,& yes….by My now dead ex Husband...Police did bugger all about it as Wife beatings in those day was not deemed to be a crime....He was arrested for breach of the peace when three of My Neighbours phoned Them.
And to add insult to injury there is that unspoken implication by the police that 'you must have done something to deserve it'
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-07-2018, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by May ->

Disgraceful May,I am sorry to say,the police have done nothing so far,..I won't let this drop,my son could not believe what he saw,on the cctv footage,he put in a complaint,..stating,that it seems to him,that this 15 stone bully boy,could commit ,beating a person up,then they might come out,..it's a scarey world.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Have you ever been a victim to this type of behaviour?
Did you report it to the police?
Do you believe this behaviour,is on the increase?
No I have never been the victim of it, thank goodness, but would definitely report the perpetrator to the police if I was.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-07-2018, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
And to add insult to injury there is that unspoken implication by the police that 'you must have done something to deserve it'

That's exactly how I felt!...when the police officer spoke to me,when I dialled 999.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top