Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 10:12 AM

18yr old in Gaol

The teenage wife of Sydney terror suspect Sameh Bayda has been refused bail after she was charged with 31 counts of failure to answer questions.

Alo-Bridget Nomoa from Auburn in Sydney's west was arrested after her husband Sameh Bayda was charged with three counts of collecting documents likely to facilitate terrorist acts in January.

Namoa allegedly failed to answer questions in a crime commission hearing. She was asked about her husband's alleged plans to sacrifice himself, ISIS propaganda, a knife allegedly found in her handbag wrapped in a Shahada flag and plans of a terrorist act.

Under the new terror laws refusing to answer questions asked by the crime commission is an offence in itself. She has been refused bail even though this is a first offence.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 10:18 AM

Re: 18yr old in Gaol

Excellent ! They should both be jailed and the keys thrown away !
Cue....the dogooders
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Alo-Bridget Nomoa ...... She has been refused bail even though this is a first offence.
It is my understanding that bail is only possible for those who run a low risk of fleeing ... or committing a serious crime. Having no prior offences has nothing to do with it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 10:55 AM

I like that it is a crime not to answer questions
Can't bear to hear 'no comment - no comment - no comment'
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I like that it is a crime not to answer questions
Can't bear to hear 'no comment - no comment - no comment'
no comment !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 10:59 AM

Ha ha - Okey cokey
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 11:01 AM

She has a right not to reply but they have a right to deduce from that and from the other information available that she is a risk to the general public and therefore shouldn't have bail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_...ence#Australia

<<There are numerous statutory abrogations of the right, particularly in the area of bankruptcy. It is also not available to witnesses testifying before a Royal Commission. There are also abrogations of the right in recent Federal anti-terrorism and Victorian organised crime Acts.[3] Each of these acts set up coercive questioning regimes which operate outside the normal criminal processes.>>
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 11:41 AM

But isn't answering "no comment" considered a response .... thereby an answer? What about, "I don't know" - "Not sure" - "Couldn't say" - "As far as I know" ?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
But isn't answering "no comment" considered a response .... thereby an answer? What about, "I don't know" - "Not sure" - "Couldn't say" - "As far as I know" ?
You took the words right off the end of my finger tips.

And
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I may incriminate myself" now that is a classic
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-02-2016, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
No comment - is not answering a single 'question' is it

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top