Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 03:40 PM

What would you buy?

If you won a substansial sum of money on the lottery what is the first thing you would buy?
Mine would be to go house hunting.✌
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 03:45 PM

Re: What would you buy?

Id like a house in a field so that I could have more dogs who could run free all the time.. and no neighbours to bother me.

If I did win (which I wont because I dont gamble) Id pay off my children mortgages too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 03:45 PM

Depends how much if I could I would house the family as it worries me how the kids will manage to house themselves as the option for social housing is no longer there. I would buy a car for my husband because he is driving me mad not being able to make his mind up what he wants at the moment so a car and then he can stop mulling it over

I would like a houseboat too I see them going along the canal on our morning walk and it looks idyllic.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 04:01 PM

A nice bungalow with an easy-to-maintain garden.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 04:08 PM

A lovely flat and a 'good' I say 'good' mattress
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 04:26 PM

Funnily enough I'm trying to make a lot of money but I don't really have much of a need for it. After studying Indian Philosophy so long ago and accepting the fact that to achieve 'Nirvana' you would give up the pursuit of material possessions I don't really hanker for anything. Kinda spoils it really and I wish I did want something of great value.

Nirvana is a place of perfect peace and happiness, like heaven. In Hinduism and Buddhism, nirvana is the highest state that someone can attain, a state of enlightenment, meaning a person's individual desires and suffering go away.
Then again I have had most things I have always wanted such as motorbikes, cars, camper vans etc. I have a roof over my head and plenty of food and drink. I count myself fortunate as it is.

I think if I won a lot of money I would give various members of my family a nice windfall or create a business that would employ a few of my friends.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 04:37 PM

I'd like to buy my ideal house - a detached house with several acres of land surrounding it - part forest and part fields. Situated on a sea cliff overlooking the Atlantic, with a mountain at the bottom of the garden, and a river and a canal running through it. The house would have a huge kitchen (for my culinary experimentation) a big cosy library with an open fire, a fully equipped music studio and a large home cinema. The area would need to have hot summers (so I could surf in the sea) and cold snowy winters (so I could run the dogs in my forest).

Failing that, I'd like the money to ensure another 50 years of good health for my wife and I to carry on loving each other.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 04:47 PM

A large packet of headache pills!

Hang on a minute, I replied to this thread a week or so ago because I remember someone said spot on!!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 04:51 PM

I would move into a hotel and be waited on hand and foot, no washing or ironing for the wife and absolutely no housework.
A chauffeur with a Rolls, better than any care home.
I would pay all my children's debts, and make sure they were comfortable, and have a bash for all my friends and neighbours.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 04:55 PM

Oh not another load of money, I just could not handle it again, had enough problems last time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top