Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 02:25 PM

Oh dear - what can you do ?

Just been down to our darlin, couple of things needed doing.
I explained to her about the dehumidifier, of course she doesn't understand the concept. Anyway, I noticed the crystals box full of water so I said, I'll empty that, you wont be needing it now, its of no use anyway. She says - empty it ! Why, I fill it up everyday !
OMG, says I - No, give it to me - I empty the darn thing and says to her, throw it out, she says no, I'll give it to one of the kids.
I have a sneaky suspicion she will refill that thing and put it back -
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 03:26 PM

Re: Oh dear - what can you do ?

Oh dear!!....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 03:29 PM

Oh dear, I am not sure this poor lady should be on her own, she is not doing herself any good and causing you a lot of worry and concern too.

Does she have a social worker ? adult social workers can be really helpful with getting families to accept help is needed.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

04-11-2014, 03:31 PM

It sounds as if she should be in a home.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
It sounds as if she should be in a home.
But definitely not - I would fight against that, she's OK, just doesn't register what you are saying, everything is too complicated. I wont give up on her, she has an illness and although it is stressful I need to keep an eye on her ......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-11-2014, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Oh dear, I am not sure this poor lady should be on her own, she is not doing herself any good and causing you a lot of worry and concern too.

Does she have a social worker ? adult social workers can be really helpful with getting families to accept help is needed.
I was hoping the family would have sorted something by now, but the last visit was stated, she can cook and do shopping, so fine at present ......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
But definitely not - I would fight against that, she's OK, just doesn't register what you are saying, everything is too complicated. I wont give up on her, she has an illness and although it is stressful I need to keep an eye on her ......
An adult social worker will work on her behalf so won't leap to put her in a home unless that is best for her.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 04:44 PM

She is so lucky to have a caring friend who has a lot of patience, in you Patsy. My only advice to you would be careful how much you take on with worrying about this dear lady, you have your own health to think about too.

It is time her relatives appreciated what you are doing for her and stepped in with some help themselves.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-11-2014, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
She is so lucky to have a caring friend who has a lot of patience, in you Patsy. My only advice to you would be careful how much you take on with worrying about this dear lady, you have your own health to think about too.

It is time her relatives appreciated what you are doing for her and stepped in with some help themselves.
I wish they were concerned - I feel I am a nuisance to them, so I wont communicate further, just get on with things ourselves and just hope someone will recognise the problems.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

05-11-2014, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Up to you of course, but our mother was put in a home as soon as we deemed her too senile to cope alone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top