Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 12:24 PM

Re: Oh dear - what can you do ?

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I wish they were concerned - I feel I am a nuisance to them, so I wont communicate further, just get on with things ourselves and just hope someone will recognise the problems.
You need help with her family IMO and again an adult social worker may be able to get them involved with less stress for you.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
Up to you of course, but our mother was put in a home as soon as we deemed her too senile to cope alone.
She has not reached that stage yet, I would not want to be tossed aside due to a damp problem !
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

05-11-2014, 02:39 PM

She has not reached that stage yet, I would not want to be tossed aside due to a damp problem !
If my father had lived he would have had my mother in a home much sooner than we got her into one, as she was driving him nuts. I had to threaten the flipping woman that I would get the court to certify her if she didn't she go into the lovely home we had found for her, as she was driving my poor sister who had POA completely crazy. She never forgave me until the day she kicked the bucket 12 months later, but that didn't worry me in the slightest.

If people think I am hard, they should have tried being around the woman. Even her own mother, who died in 1980, and of whom I was fond, told me that my mother was her own worst enemy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 02:44 PM

If my father had lived he would have had my mother in a home much sooner than we got her into one, as she was driving him nuts. I had to threaten the flipping woman that I would get the court to certify her if she didn't she go into the lovely home we had found for her, as she was driving my poor sister who had POA completely crazy. She never forgave me until the day she kicked the bucket 12 months later, but that didn't worry me in the slightest.

If people think I am hard, they should have tried being around the woman. Even her own mother, who died in 1980, and of whom I was fond, told me that my mother was her own worst enemy.
That's 'your' circumstances though, not mine - I get stressed over the problem we have with the damp, I want it sorted for her, no reflection on her.
By the way - matters not a bit to me if you 'are' hard, you're straight - that's all that matters to me when communicating
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 02:49 PM

That's 'your' circumstances though, not mine - I get stressed over the problem we have with the damp, I want it sorted for her, no reflection on her.
By the way - matters not a bit to me if you 'are' hard, you're straight - that's all that matters to me when communicating
Yes all circumstances are different what worries me is it will make you ill Patsy, you need help with the problem or it will harm you too.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-11-2014, 02:52 PM

I know - but I'm feeling better than I did, now I've ordered the dehumidifier.
I'm hoping it will be a big help, I know not a cure for it. In the meantime I have informed a member of the family again, so its a wait and see ....
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

05-11-2014, 03:40 PM

I know - but I'm feeling better than I did, now I've ordered the dehumidifier.
I'm hoping it will be a big help, I know not a cure for it. In the meantime I have informed a member of the family again, so its a wait and see ....
The woman is very fortunate to have you around, but you can't be there all the time, and it isn't fair if you are stressed out about the situation.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-11-2014, 04:22 PM

The woman is very fortunate to have you around, but you can't be there all the time, and it isn't fair if you are stressed out about the situation.
She's not aware of that though to be fair .......

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top