Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 08:26 AM

Re: For the ladies OR the gentlemen.

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
It wouldn't matter to me. A doctor is a doctor. They've seen it all.
Have they now.?

Post one of your X.Rays then and let us all have a look.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 09:35 AM

Well I really want to say it wouldn't matter but IME men have been far gentler and more understanding than women who seem to think if it doesn't hurt them it shouldn't hurt you !
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 10:13 AM

For an intimate examination I think I'd prefer a male doctor, I'd hate for things to grow between as it could affect the platonic/professional relationship.

On the other hand for everyday doctor to patient stuff I much prefer a female doctor. Far more empathetic
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 10:49 AM

Having had to be examined for my breast cancer this year I always seemed
to get a female Doctor. Having the radio therapy was different you had female and males getting you set up on the bed ready for the zaps.
My only problem was it was the youth of the guys as I lay there with my
breasts on show. Felt a little embarrassed with the guys.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 11:03 AM

A couple of years ago I had put off going to the doctors with a particular problem as I would be too embarassed. When I finally did go I opted for a female doctor as I thought it would be less embarrassing. During the examination she said she would like to call in one of her colleagues (a male) to have a look?

After he had examined me I was told I had to go into hospital straight away. I thought I would be too embarrassed a male checking me out, well after being checked out that many times and then an operation, I got over worrying.

Now if I need to go to doctors I don't wait for a particular doctor I just go.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

05-11-2014, 12:20 PM

I am not worried as long as they do the examination in a professional manner. Male doctors are usually accompanied by a female nurse they days if doing an intimate examination.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 12:32 PM

No preference, really. I think once you've given birth anything goes...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 12:50 PM

The old Doctor I had for donkeys years retired and now I have a young female Doctor, she is brilliant and far more informed than he ever was, she's soft spoken and explains things much better, I definitely prefer her to him, but thankfully I don't see her very often.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

05-11-2014, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
No preference, really. I think once you've given birth anything goes...
I was 20 when I gave birth to our first child in 1970. The GP was very elderly and although his examinations were a bit embarrassing at first, never having been examined in those areas before my pregnancy, I got used to them. He was supposed to attend the birth, at the maternity home, but instead, much to my embarrassment, his much younger colleague, a good looking young chap stitched me up instead!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 06:56 PM

The male gynae who delivered my aunt's first child had his middle finger missing. My aunt says everyone in the ward joked about him.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top