Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2014, 09:15 PM

Re: Christmas Shopping

Done a bit, usually much more organized, but, hey ho!
Last year the family decided to buy only small pressies that were what folk really needed, it was a really good idea! Everything was appreciated and no-one got stressed over the cost! This year only £10 on each person will be spent. Any spare money can be used for good food etc.
I had my present already from middle daughter, a ticket for The Circus Of Horrors at Wookey Hole, I really enjoyed it and wouldn't had gone otherwise, I've been wanting to see it for about 7 years!
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2014, 10:12 PM

It's interesting to see that most have already started and also that most don't spend the fortunes you see bandied around the media.

When I bought presents I was always very well organised like most of you, not one of those males that does it at 4:30pm on Christmas Eve. I actually don't have anyone to buy for anymore so that makes everything simple and Moonpig will be used for the few cards I send.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2014, 10:15 PM

Do you do a "Mister Bean" and surprise yourself (and your teddy)?
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2014, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Do you do a "Mister Bean" and surprise yourself (and your teddy)?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by BoyRacer ->
It's interesting to see that most have already started and also that most don't spend the fortunes you see bandied around the media.

When I bought presents I was always very well organised like most of you, not one of those males that does it at 4:30pm on Christmas Eve. I actually don't have anyone to buy for anymore so that makes everything simple and Moonpig will be used for the few cards I send.

Aah, you can always buy me a pressy if you miss Christmas shopping Andrew.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 02:01 AM

Christmas will be a low key affair although I'll cook a nice dinner for myself and my significant other, apart from that I'll be glad when the day is over
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 02:18 AM

I absolutely love Christmas and all the preparation.

I have bought nearly all of my presents for the family.

Two of my daughters still like me to buy them stocking fillers which I love getting.
My eldest daughter likes anything French. She loves decorating her room in the French style.

I have bought young Amelie my youngest Granddaughter of almost eight this years American Girl Doll. It's a doll for eight years and over. She has been begging her Mummy for it for ages but Mummy said she couldn't afford it. Unbeknown to her they are buying her a T.V for her bedroom. She will I know be over the moon when she sees the doll. I can hardly wait. I have also made some clothes for it.

Christmas is special to me and my twin sister as it's also our Birthday
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 02:24 AM

I can't summon up any enthusiasm though I wish I could, perhaps next year.. my mum passed away on the 12th of November last year, she loved Christmas, my younger sister passed a few years ago in December so it's not a good time for me but I'll do my best which is all I can do
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 02:30 AM

Oh Honey that is so sad. I can understand how you must be feeling at this time of the year. When my husband died two years ago I thought I must make the effort to try and accept it for my children as they also was missing their Dad and were so worried about me. Thankfully I have had the strength to carry on and enjoy life. A different kind of life without my loved one. I so hope you will soon find the strength too also.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

07-11-2014, 02:59 AM

thank you for your kind words maursey, I feel somewhat guilty for feeling so bad when my mum had to be strong when she lost my dad when I was just 10 years old and I had 4 younger siblings, the baby was born just a couple of months before he sadly passed away at the age of 33..

It changed my life after seeing how my mum struggled to feed and clothe us which resulted in me making the decision not to have children as I didn't want to risk history repeating itself.

She was a wonderful woman, mother, friend, she sacrificed everything for her children, we never went short of anything but as the eldest, I knew she didn't think about herself, just her children and so I did everything opposite to what she had done, maybe I was selfish but deep down I felt it was the right thing to do..

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top