Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 08:37 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I believe I am a “Caucasian” although nobody has ever called me that in me life, but I used to hear it a lot on American TV crime series.”Calling all cars, be on the lookout for a tall dark 6’ 2” caucasian armed male wearing a black hat and driving a blue Sedan” The coppers over here would just say they were looking for a white bowsey on a bike carrying a crow bar.
I don’t know where the word came from and I don’t want to look it up, I wanted to try to figure it for myself.
Seeing that it’s mostly used in America I started and ended there.
I didn’t know there were so many Native American tribes spread all over North and South America. After a lot of painstaking research I learned that during the Indian resettlement period the ‘Crow’ tribe moved deeply into the South, where they got on very well with the Cajun folks, some eventually married into Cajun families, they became known as “Caw Cajuns” and the name slowly crept into the English language.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it officer.

I do like a bit of Cajun music, so much like tradition Irish music, I wonder is there any possible connection, I’ll have to look that up too, I do know that a great Uncle of mine Tom O’Hawk and his pals Rick O’Shea and TP O’Mara spent at lot of time with the Crow tribe back in the 1800’s.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 08:40 PM

Well that's an improvement if nothing else, I actually got a black screen up, yipeee!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Well that's an improvement if nothing else, I actually got a black screen up, yipeee!!
I blame SP - she's been coaching you!! this is a skill that only a few have on here and you and Pugs are unique in the fact that you prefer to post black screens - good on ya ya different!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 08:47 PM

Gawd now I better fly to Dublin. X
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 09:00 PM

watch out guys we have a worried fly movin about - giving sucker to the sick and lonely and PC tech touches for free! - hang on to ya brassers Jem they could be gettin tweeked!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

15-09-2018, 09:22 PM

Did I read a few pages back that a few wallabies passed by your porch Gummy? Why didn't you sing out to them
"Ya wallaby in my gang my gang, ya wallaby in my gang..."

I didn't use the Chrome browser on that video Gummy, used Firefox, I'll try it on Chrome next time.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 09:25 PM

Jem post the code. I will take you through step by step.
You can dance????
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 09:41 PM

I think Jem is still having a problem Slashing.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

15-09-2018, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Did I read a few pages back that a few wallabies passed by your porch Gummy? Why didn't you sing out to them
"Ya wallaby in my gang my gang, ya wallaby in my gang..."

I didn't use the Chrome browser on that video Gummy, used Firefox, I'll try it on Chrome next time.
yes that would be good and staying on chrome would be better - i used to do firefox too but it foxed me up!

heh lets try an experiment - work out a youtube code you wanna post and then send it finished as a copy to me or sweetiepie for arousal - we can then see were you are going wrong?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 09:58 PM

Gummy, it may be a double bluff, how the heck do you post a blank black screen????

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top