Join for free
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 10:01 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

That Mick Jagger was not just an ugly face but he was as smart as a tack when younger. I met him back in the early days when he was still doing paid sessions and you knew he and the lads were going places. Right time, Right look, right sound and for the most part right attitude.

Having studied finance the little red Rooster to be knew warbling was a good earner while it lasted but a pension pot was still needed to soften the retirement once the old tonsils gave up. Good thinking there our Mick. At 76 he has made about 260 million from his day job plus a nice little OAP fund to go with it.

His little red rooster may be wearing a bit thin now but that was a good bit of forward planning on his part.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 09:08 PM

Yes there are no flies on Mick. I always liked him, he is no oil painting I know but he has the kind of face one gets used too, a sort of lived in face that you grew up with and like.
He had a great time of it in his younger days, luck was on his side, he had his cake and ate it too and more luck to him.
I have to say he made a balls of the accent when he played Ned Kelly, in the 1970 film of the same name.

I saw the Stones when they first came to Dublin in 1965, they played in Croke Park to a packed crowd. Mick was used to Ireland as he had spent some time in Kilcullen in County Kildare when he was younger.
My favourite Stones record was always “It’s all over now”

This is an old live recording but it’s worth looking at just to see him do his actions and his little dance, Michael Jackson eat yer heart out. Jagger’s mug never changed, his early wrinkles took the lords advice, they increased and multiplied over the years producing an abundant crop of ripe one liners.

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 09:36 AM

Thanks for the brilliant Stones clip that showed exactly how the lads were with Mick doing his own unique moves which at the time had never been seen before outside of a pubs mens toilets by chaps urgently waiting to use them having drunk a skinfull.

They were booked to do a show where Bobby Vee was the headliner and Mick and the lads had not turned up for the customary warm up. Media being what it was in those days, few had seen very much of them at the time and many had never seen them at all so when they did eventually arrive having been delayed at their last gig, the crowds quickly parted to let these scruffy looking teens through not recognising who they were.

Despite no warm up they gave a great performance and at the end there was complete shocked silence....then the cheering, clapping and foot stamping started..and carried on and on....and on...till the lads scooted off to do yet another gig down the road. Memorable early stuff.

Watching from the side Bobby Vee knew he had to follow that ...the poor chaps Rubber ball didn't bounce much that night.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 08:53 PM

Poor Bobby Vee must have been sweating going on, good job he had a strong hit to sing “Rubber Ball”, had it been me I’d have hopped it.

It seems now you can print your own office Spitty, no more brick laying and they can do a whole house in 24 hours. I don’t think the building trade will take too kindly to that. Marvelous what they can do with the printing technique, from making small replacement body parts to a whole new Village, all at very low cost.

solo
UK

31-07-2019, 02:17 PM

I am saving my pennies until they bring out one that prints an edible Roast beef and yorkshire pudding dinner with all the trimmings.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 09:56 PM

Why not build a house from lego, if there a few bits left, there may be some time for a bit of legover.
solo
UK

01-08-2019, 09:03 AM

There was a brilliant 'leg over' broadcast incident with the great Brian Johnston and Jonathan Agnew which caused a fit of one of those wonderful uncontrollable giggles

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 10:15 PM

A Funeral Director friend attended the AGM of the local association of Funeral Directors, each director was asked to bring a corpse that had been embalmed, to decide, who was best at corpse presentation. I asked my friend "did you win" he said yes, but there was "Stiff" competition.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

02-08-2019, 08:21 AM

3D printers and legovers what variety, I like that.
Roll on the day when you can print yerself a new woman when the old one wears out, preferable one with no tongue.
Then one could print a mini crane to assist in getting ones leg over, print dozens of lightweight plastic cranes and flog them as “The Pensioners Pal”, a nice little earner.

Indeed there is stiff competition with undertakers, I love your originality Spitty.

There is an old tradition in the goldsmiths trade, when a goldsmith dies his fellow goldsmiths take whatever piece of jewellery they are working on and file pass his coffin.

The weather is lovely here today so the pair of us are taking ourselves out of the city for the weekend, see you all soon.
solo
UK

02-08-2019, 01:24 PM

Enjoy your weekend and hope the weather holds.

We still have summer fetes but something is missing from them...maybe too commercial now but they lack that sense of fun they had in past years.

They were so enjoyable with the coconut shys even if you knew the coconut was glued on and any attempt to hit the thing came to nought. We didn't care who whacked who with Punch and Judy just so long as the croc got it. Hobby horse racing where care had to be taken not to harm the family jewells. Fishing and shove ha'penny were all catch penny games but we loved em as it was only a penny ..unless you had a gambling streak.

So many simple attractions that caused so much laughter and amusement most of which have been replaced because of either H&S/PC orjust not profitable enough.

Pics

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...1936-1962.html

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top