Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 12:41 PM

Re: Fly Tipping

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I do think they could have a once a month offer of a free skip .
Placed where people could access it .
But then builders And other cowboys etc might put their crap in it
Good idea, but as you say it would likely be abused and then stopped, maybe a free day at the Tip for building stuff.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
The sad thing is a lot of it is self inflicted by councils , gone are the days you could simply turn up at the dump on a Sunday morning and throw whatever away .... your not allowed to dump this,, can't dump that ... there's a charge for the other ....can't allow you to bring that vehicle in here .... we can't pick it up until 7 weeks on Thursday and it'll cost you a million pound ..... oh and no bin collections over xmas until 2017 ...
So what pray TELL are people likely too do ????

I'm not saying it's right ,I'm simply saying what councils do 'is wrong'
I agree 100%. I know it's not all down to the ordinary person, there are people that make a living out of it (we know who they are) but cutting out all the restrictions imposed by greedy councils would be a start.

Just realised I replied to an old post.

As for the woman in the post ..... say no more.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 01:50 PM

It’s an old thread but still going !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 01:54 PM

It’s an old thread but still going !

Indeed! The problem is getting worse too.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 03:30 PM

These people have been caught and are now all over Facebook.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-tipper.html
The arrogance of that woman is so off the scale it's unbelievable. I'm so glad she was caught out.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 06:54 PM

In the small villages around this rural area once a year a weekend was set aside for free collection of anything, other than builders' rubbish and old car engines. Anything that two men could lift was taken away. This was achieved from the parish council funds which paid for the hire of a refuse vehicle. Unfortunately the last two years that has not happened, the company supplying the refuse vehicle increased their charges, making it impossible for the parish council to pay for the service.

Now all round here there are instances of items being dumped in country lanes, fridges, freezers, mattresses you name it. Such a waste of council funds as those items still have to be collected and disposed of but at even more cost than the original service.

This just doesn't make sense to me nor to others living in these villages.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

20-07-2020, 02:29 PM

Fly tippers should be subjected to very large fines and made to clear up their mess.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
Fly tippers should be subjected to very large fines and made to clear up their mess.
And that is the problem monkeypuzzle. When they ARE caught, most get a slap on the wrist, a £200 fine and told not to do it again. Only a few councils have the manpower to actually build a proper water-tight legal case against these people. When it gets to court then the fines are sometimes worth having and occasionally the vehicle, if found, is confiscated and crushed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 08:21 PM

I thought about fly-tipping our two old settees.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'd manage to carry them further than the bottom of our drive.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 08:27 PM

Hi

Fly tipping is a nightmare.

Fines are stupid, they can pay them and still make a profit.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top