Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 05:54 AM

Re: Caught at last

Whispering this in case anyone is listening and the powers that be decide to teach me a lesson......I've never been caught which is a bit of a miracle because I often have no idea what the limit is.....I just go with the flow.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Don't start me on bus lanes.

One Boxing Day down City Rd Got nicked for going in a bus lane no buses about...rang up to complain and was told that the cameras do not recognize holidays.

Same a few years later on May the 1st in Barking.

Its a cash cow for the local councils
I sometimes despair of this country.

Corruption is rife, in government, in local government, everywhere.

Anyone who could do anything about it - ultimately, the government - either can't be bothered or is incapable.

Something's going to happen sooner or later, and it's not going to be very nice.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 02:37 PM

Sorry this will be long.

1999 in the Shoreditch one way system in London that has been abolished.

4 lanes of traffic all held up by lights.

Left hand turn to Bethnal Green and also bus lane so I went down it as I wanted to turn left at !.30pm

Motor bike cop pulls me up.

After giving all my details and him giving me a fix penalty fine of £20 he said you can go to court..I said will see you there sunshine

Then told him the bus lane was only to 11am

His reply was well its marked in red so you should have known its a bus lane.

Smiled at him as you do with an idiot.

A month later got a summons asking if I wanted to go before the magistrates And why.

Replied the Bus lane was not in operation at the time.

Reply was Shoreditch Police have said it was.

Ok so brought a cheep camera and went up on Sunday morning to photo the Sign .

Was parked on double RED lines (No stopping at any time)as I took the photo.

Police car pulled up with 4 coppers in it asked what I was doing and told them about it they had chuckle and drove off.

5 and a bit months later got a letter back say I would not be prosecuted because the bus lane was not inforce at the time I was given the ticket.

Made my day.

What a waste of money
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Sorry this will be long.

1999 in the Shoreditch one way system in London

4 lanes of traffic all held up by lights going into the City

Left hand turn to Bethnal Green and also bus lane so I went down it as I wanted to turn left the time 1.30pm

Motor bike cop pulls me up.

After giving all my details and him giving me a fix penalty fine of £20 for going down a bus lane he said you can go to court if you dispute it ..I said will see you there sunshine

Then told him the bus lane was only to 11am

His reply was well its marked in red so you should have known its a bus lane.

Smiled at him as you do with an idiot.

A month later got a summons asking if I wanted to go before the magistrates And why.

Replied the Bus lane was not in operation at the time.

Reply was Shoreditch Police have said it was.

Ok so brought a cheep camera and went up on Sunday morning to photo the Sign .

Was parked on double RED lines (No stopping at any time)as I took the photo.

Police car pulled up with 4 coppers in it asked what I was doing and told them about it they had chuckle and drove off.

5 and a bit months later got a letter back say I would not be prosecuted because the bus lane was not inforce at the time I was given the ticket.

Made my day.

What a waste of money
Well, yes, it was worth saying twice!

I'm not sure what the best course of action would be to solve the problem of idiots in authority - not just the police - but perhaps an initial step would be to publish events such as this in the national press and embarrass them into sorting themselves out.

I think in the long term, though, someone needs to make the difficult decision to ensure recruitment should be on ability rather than political correctness.

I think we all know what I'm driving it.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top