Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 11:11 AM

What? You’ve Never Had A Computer Or The Internet?

Those are the words l said to an old school friend, l met in town yesterday.

She has never had the internet or been on a computer! She has a mobile phone but no internet access as she says, she is not interested.

I know l sound a bit shocked but in this day and age, the internet is a part of life, for some.

Then l started to think, maybe she has sense and the rest of us are the ones wasting our lives on the internet.

So, l ask... has she got sense or is she missing so much?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 11:14 AM

Re: What? You’ve Never Had A Computer Or The Internet?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Those are the words l said to an old school friend, l met in town yesterday.

She has never had the internet or been on a computer! She has a mobile phone but no internet access as she says, she is not interested.

I know l sound a bit shocked but in this day and age, the internet is a part of life, for some.

Then l started to think, maybe she has sense and the rest of us are the ones wasting our lives on the internet.

So, l ask... has she got sense or is she missing so much?

Yes Angel darlin' - I too have a friend who hasn't got a laptop or internet modem - she can't afford to have one she says.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 11:16 AM

I would have no work without mine Art.
But, I think your friend has a life.
I spend too much time online.
I skive off here, far too much.

Dear Art I need help.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 12:06 PM

My parents have never had a computer or internet but they are not bothered about it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 12:08 PM

My sister doesn't have a computer either, it is annoying as we do need to now send post by snail mail to each other
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I would have no work without mine Art.
But, I think your friend has a life.
I spend too much time online.
I skive off here, far too much.

Dear Art I need help.
Sweetie, Lent will start soon, so you could give the internet up for six weeks!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 12:34 PM

True Art. But I would miss you all too much.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 12:36 PM

I have a few older friends who don't have a computer.

A couple of them have smart phones but other than using them to make and receive calls they don't know how to use other apps or connect to the internet on them and have no bloody idea what Google is

One friend has a dumb phone so no internet access at all. He manages ok.

One thing that slightly narks me is when some people don't have internet access and they know you do they keep asking for you to look such and such up for them or to order something online. I don't really mind doing it but it sometimes becomes a drain on my time.

And then there's my mother in law who has a computer but since accidentally upgrading to Windows 10 says she doesn't know how to use it, despite me spending a whole afternoon showing her
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 01:13 PM

I have two friends who don't have computers, they do have phones, but only use them as phones. Neither are interested in going on the net, but one does ask me to look things up for her sometimes.

My Dad who died before the internet really took off for the public, would have loved it, he'd have got everything, smart phone, home pc, i pad etc. He loved gadgets & technology. It was sad he died before it all kicked off. My Mother who outlived him by over 20 years, wasn't interested in computers.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 03:15 PM

Yeah right

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top