Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 10:52 PM

Re: Happy Times (or a change of plan)

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I do believe that foot stool I bought matches your one, Bruce. I decided against the chair.

I once tested one of those riser chairs at the Ideal Home Exhibition but it was so slow I said to the sales lady ‘if my phone started ringing, and I started this chair off to get up, my phone would have rung off by the time I reached it.’

Sensible choice, IMO, going for the telly.
I have to say that I thought much the same about the speed of them too. I decided that I could weld up a frame to grip to pull myself up with, in fact MyAgedCare might even supply one when I need such a thing.

The chairs also seemed to be mainly low backs which surprised me (maybe just the store I visited), I am 183 cm tall and they seemed to be designed for people shorter than me - with my feet on the ground my knees were higher than the chair seat. I thought the prices were ridiculous.

The funny thing is that for years I had wanted a recliner chair but my daughter has beautiful leather recliner chairs and sofa. In practice, when I stay there, I find I play with the recliner part for a while but always end up sitting upright with my feet on the ground so I have quite gone off them as a purchase. It is not that I am uncomfortable I just prefer sitting upright.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:02 PM

so today I bought myself a 55 inch/139cm 'smart' TV instead.

I must have imagined that bit then.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
so today I bought myself a 55 inch/139cm 'smart' TV instead.

I must have imagined that bit then.
Indeed.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:14 PM

I'm going to have to take more water with it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:31 PM

Is a Footstool the same as a Pouffe?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

05-11-2019, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Is a Footstool the same as a Pouffe?
I am not sure. I would have said that a pouffe was more of a large, firm, usually cylindrical cushion whereas a footstool had legs.

However what would I know? It could just be that pouffe sounds too much like pooftah.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am not sure. I would have said that a pouffe was more of a large, firm, usually cylindrical cushion whereas a footstool had legs.

However what would I know? It could just be that pouffe sounds too much like pooftah.
That was my thought too.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top