Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 12:32 PM

Re: Face Creams

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I always thought toner was a marketing con for teenage girls. I only ever use a cleanser these days (Neal's Yard calendula).
Not for teenage girls . I use “ because you’re worth it “ L’Oréal Age Perfect Refreshing Toner for Mature Skin .

What do you put on your face to wipe the residue of cleanser off Annie ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Art ,I said it would be overkill for ME if I put moisturiser on each time I went into my bedroom ?
You put a night cream on skin without taking the residue of cold cream off it ?
Toner is actually meant to tighten the skin that’s why it’s called toner but as you say if you have dry skin I can understand why you can’t use it .
Zuleika, l have just got my daughter to take this pic and l don’t think my skin is that bad for 71! What l use must be doing something right!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	5B2EA25F-5C16-489B-947C-61DCDDB116F8.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	11341  
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Zuleika, l have just got my daughter to take this pic and l don’t think my skin is that bad for 71! What l use must be doing something right!
Oh bless Art. .....you look absolutely marvellous , radiant in fact !
Has it anything to do with the chap you met in an Iceland aisle ?
Will you be out gadding tonight ?
Sadly my gadding New Year’s Eve days have gone . I always bought a new frock for it , meant much more than Christmas somehow .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 05:20 PM

Not for teenage girls . I use “ because you’re worth it “ L’Oréal Age Perfect Refreshing Toner for Mature Skin .

What do you put on your face to wipe the residue of cleanser off Annie ?
I don't have any residue cleanser. I do a good job wiping it off.

I use the cleanser to wipe off my make up and before I put on nivea moisturiser and then some tinted moisturiser.

To me a toner is just putting more unnecessary chemicals on my face that will interfere with my skin's natural PH.

The nice thing about calendula cleanser is that it's really gentle and has a slight moisturising action without being heavy or greasy. Or rather it does not dry the skin out. I have sensitive skin so don't want to irritate it with unnecessary products. Plus it's a waste of cotton wool.

I've had really good skin following this regime. But everyone has different skin and should follow what suits them. I just think we were conned forty or more years ago into thinking "cleanse, tone and moisturise" were the secret of perfect skin. I remember this in my Jackie magazine, but to me most of their advice was rubbish. How my dad hated me reading that teen rag. He was right.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 05:22 PM

Wow Art you look like a glowing twenty something - do you have a new man?!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 06:10 PM

Oh bless Art. .....you look absolutely marvellous , radiant in fact !
Has it anything to do with the chap you met in an Iceland aisle ?
Will you be out gadding tonight ?
Sadly my gadding New Year’s Eve days have gone . I always bought a new frock for it , meant much more than Christmas somehow .
Oh, Thank You Zuleika for your really kind words.
I just wanted to show that you don’t need to use expensive creams on your skin.
I had my coat on as l was just going out to the shops! I have never seen the Iceland man since... he wasn’t my type at all!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

31-12-2019, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Wow Art you look like a glowing twenty something - do you have a new man?!!
Annie, I think you need new glasses but Thank You for the lovely compliments!
Looking at the pic, it isn’t a new man l need it’s a new bra
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-12-2019, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Annie, I think you need new glasses but Thank You for the lovely compliments!
Looking at the pic, it isn’t a new man l need it’s a new bra
Some of the male OFF members may not agree with that last sentence!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 11:11 AM

There isn't one rule suits all with skin care...we find a product that suits us.....if you are anything like me that product changes over time... what I used 10 years ago wouldn't suit my skin now....but that's just me... for me there are no rules.
Zuleika
North West UK

02-01-2020, 11:41 AM

I’ve always used the “ cleanse, tone , nourish” advice although products have changed yes . What I used as a teenager wouldn’t suit my now mature skin .
However when you look at some of the most beautiful women that were , Brigitte Bardot, Dame Diana Rigg they have aged naturally wrinkles and all despite whatever beauty products have been available to them.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top