Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 01:24 PM

Re: Top 10 Worst Places to live in the UK

Hi

A relic of our Industrial Past when we welcomed Immigrants to do the jobs we needed.

Now high levels of unemployment, low wages and Benefits.

Taking back control is a joke, we have higher levels of non EU Immigration and they are the terrorists.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Wrexham is a dump, but at nights they only fight each other.

The littlies love Rhyl, but then we only go during the day and on the front.

The problem with Rhyl is that it has become a dumping ground for social failures and druggies from Lancashire.
Oh dear Swimmy, have to agree about Rhyl. 50 years ago when I was a teenager, Rhyl was THE PLACE to go, it was packed out at the fairground and the beach was gorgeous.
Unfortunately, as you say, today it is depressing, rundown and neglected. HWMO used to accompany Fire Service Engineers to inspect their work as they carried it out. They had the contract with most of the Councils and he used to hate it when he had to enter the flats and houses there. He said it was mostly a case of ''Wipe your feet when Leaving!!'' it was so bad. Rhyl really is a place where the dregs of society now seem to have settled. Very sad.

Wrexham, 18 miles from here, does indeeed have a reputation of ''Don't go out after dark''. They have one of the largest poverty-stricken council estates in Wales. Because of numerous council cuts, the saying even goes that Mum's there live off energy drinks so their kids can eat!'' Isn't that dreadful?.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well if there's no significant moans and groans
There are..........
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
There are..........
Not in the top worst tho.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 01:48 PM

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 02:12 PM

Hi

A bit of fun.
https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/top-10-w...ive-in-england

Some of the comments are very funny.
Brilliant.

I see my home town of Huddersfield has slipped down into third place. The town centre especially, is really a dump as are the areas around Thornton Lodge, Fartown, and Birkby. Now I think meself, compared with those areas, the town centre is a veritable oasis.

If Hudds is in third position, then the two above must really be bad.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not in the top worst tho.
Which surprises me....it has higher than the national average crime rate.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Brilliant.

I see my home town of Huddersfield has slipped down into third place. The town centre especially, is really a dump as are the areas around Thornton Lodge, Fartown, and Birkby. No I think meself, compared with those areas, the town centre is a veritable oasis.

If Hudds is in third position, then the two above must really be bad.
Hi

Also my home town Judds.

Even those many years ago, Sheepbridge Estate was a nightmare.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 02:41 PM

Hi

Also my home town Judds.

Even those many years ago, Sheepbridge Estate was a nightmare.
That place, along with Brackenhall has more or less been wiped off the map, regenerated, and is now called `Ferndale` for some unknown reason. After the place was flattened, a new batch of private `luxury` homes were built which sold for quite a large amount of money as the area is now designated as `Lower Fixby`.

After a couple of years, so-called social housing began to reappear and a lot of the `scum` deported to outlying districts during the Ferndale re-structuring began to move back in. The new property owners couldn't get out fast enough as the value of their homes plunged. Those that were caught with their trousers down and couldn't get rid, opted for renting their homes out.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 03:16 PM

I could say far worse than those 10, but won't. The main one I loath was also disliked by John Betjeman.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top