Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 02:32 PM

Re: Good Morning Tuesday !

A belated good morning to all

A miserable day here, rain and strong winds.

ST, I hope all goes well for you at the doc’s this afternoon...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 02:57 PM

Good afternoon all.

Tummy's playing up today so am taking it easy.

The wind is increasing as I write (outside, that is ) and the rain is starting again. The forecast says we are in for a battering this afternoon.

There are 5 gipsy horses in a field not far from me.
The field was partially under water a few days ago.
These animals also have not a shred of hay to eat.

By tonight, I imagine the whole field will be water-logged, so not only are they standing in water with nothing to eat, they will be unable to lay down as well.
The RSPCA have done nothing.

Hope you get on alright at the Doc's, Tabs.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 03:07 PM

A belated good morning everyone I went out early to have my hair cut then took Chloe for her long walk before the storm hit .

I can relax now with nowhere to be . The phone has been repaired this morning so I have contact with the outside world again.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good afternoon all.

Tummy's playing up today so am taking it easy.

The wind is increasing as I write (outside, that is ) and the rain is starting again. The forecast says we are in for a battering this afternoon.

There are 5 gipsy horses in a field not far from me.
The field was partially under water a few days ago.
These animals also have not a shred of hay to eat.

By tonight, I imagine the whole field will be water-logged, so not only are they standing in water with nothing to eat, they will be unable to lay down as well.
The
RSPCA have done nothing.

Hope you get on alright at the Doc's, Tabs.
Good morning Mups!, Did you notify the RSPCA about the horses?
I think you should?
Donkeyman!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good Morning everyone.

Been a quiet night - after gales and torrential rain yesterday.

First task on my 'to do' list for today is to mend my guttering/downpipe. Was on my way out last night when a great chunk of it landed on my head - good job it is a plastic pipe!

Have been summoned to my GP's surgery later this afternoon - no idea what that is all about - have already had my 'annual review', refused a flu jab, and have (so far) managed to avoid the current plague/virus. No doubt all will revealed when I reach there.

Have a happy day.
Hope it nothing too serious, ST

Our day was more or less as usual. Walked the dogs, did the usual friendly meet and greet thing. Wind took a fence panel down but my kindly neighbours put it up the best they could. But it needs replacing. Our handyman will be here in a day or so.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Good morning Mups!, Did you notify the RSPCA about the horses?
I think you should?
Donkeyman!

Yes, I rang them last time their field flooded, Donkeyman .
It's is next to a river you see.
The woman on the phone was quite belligerent and useless.
She wanted to know how many there were, and even what colours they were - no matter whether they'd got hay or not! The grass is non-existent.

I have since spoken to my veterinary practice about them as they are only about half a mile away and were already aware of it. I believe they have checked on them in the past.

The RSPCA seem to think that as long as members of the public are feeding them, they are being fed! But passers by giving them a few slices of mouldy bread isn't really good enough, is it!

The trouble is with the gipsys, is they all deny responsibility, each one saying they are not theirs, so it's probably hard to prove who's they really are.
Personally, I think the animals should all be confiscated and taken away, and that's the end of it.
Won't stop the gipsys just getting more though.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top