Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 09:51 AM

Re: I don't want a smart meter

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I too have off peak hot water but it is the old system controlled by a tone and a separate meter.

The tank is over 200litres a leftover from when I was a family of five. If it packs it in I will probably get a smaller tank.

Solar power, for which you do need a smart meter if you don't want to give away your surplus for free, has changed the whole concept of "off peak" with too much capacity during the day causing generation and network stability problems
Solar and uk weather!
Certainly do not go together!

Donkeyman! 👎😁👎
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Solar and uk weather!
Certainly do not go together!

Donkeyman! 👎😁👎
You might be surprised, remember you have much longer days in summer. There are charts to give you "solar hours" for any location.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You might be surprised, remember you have much longer days in summer. There are charts to give you "solar hours" for any location.
Maybe Brucy, l had solar water heating in SA and it certainly
worked great!
But in uk l think it would need extra collector panels and a
double size insulated storage tank so it becomes expensive to
install?

Donkeyman! 😁😁
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 11:53 AM

Hi

I want one, well two, one for the electric and one for the case.

It fits in with my home automation system.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Maybe Brucy, l had solar water heating in SA and it certainly worked great!

But in uk l think it would need extra collector panels and a double size insulated storage tank so it becomes expensive to install?

Donkeyman! 😁😁
Also don't overlook that today's central heating systems no longer use copper hot water cylinders. These days the water heating side of the central heating systems heat water as and when required. Cold water storage tanks are also no longer needed, along with the copper cylinders these are taken out when a new heating system is installed.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 06:25 PM

Just be careful when you want to change to a new tariff because the new tariff will come with a condition that a smart meter be installed as part of the contract. There are tariffs that do not come with the smart meter clause BUT those tariffs are always higher.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top