Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 08:51 PM

Re: A second wave in the making?

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I think they're bloody idiots.
So do I, no distancing, hardly any wearing masks, it's bound to happen to some of them & they'll pass it on to older people who are more vulnerable They are complete & utter morons the lot of them. Pity we don't have rubber bullets & tear gas here in a way.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 11:31 PM

Ironically, if any of those protesters carrying placards declaring "I can't breathe" contract a severe form of COVID-19 from contact in the demonstrations they will find those words coming in useful .....
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 12:47 AM

Are these the same people who were clapping the NHS and carers over the last number of weeks, I wonder ? If so, they've just put two fingers up and thrown it right back in their face.

Not just here though, all over Europe too. Italy, Spain, Germany etc. What could transpire, I dread to think and the nurses and doctors must be horrified at the prospects .
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 03:07 PM

Seeing those pictures proves the police in the UK are too scared to tackle issues that relate to minority groups. lockdown and social distancing is not advice, it is the law, hence the new laws that was created to combat the pandemic. People have a right to protest BUT under the current pandemic conditions, they do not have a right to be so closely packed together and as such the police should have stepped in. It's obvious to the reasons why they didn't because the police knew what would happen if they tried to enforce the social distance laws, the protesters would riot even more and there would be more public disorder. So, to prevent mass disorder, the police have allowed the virus to run rampant across all those protesters but when the second wave happens, and it will happen, all those affected will still blame the government and the police.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

08-06-2020, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I get that its horrible what happened to george Floyd and people are angry but these people could be the reason hundreds die of Covid-19. 3 and a half thousand sardines packed together. Its a bloody mad world!

Is there goung to be a second wave would you say?
Same here in Sydney and Melbourne Lion Queen. Our courts banned these protests to a later date, but no one listened. Australia nailed Covid 19 with just 100 deaths. These drongos may just double that meritorious figure.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 05:11 AM

I thought the protests were badly timed but then I saw pictures of a tourist town (Berry) near me that was flooded with visitors on the long weekend.

It was full of people taking advantage of the relaxation of restrictions after two months of cabin fever. Little chance of social distancing though some did try. I believe it was a similar picture in coastal towns like Huskisson and Batemans Bay.

So, in reality these marches probably didn't make much difference. Let's wait two weeks to find out.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
Same here in Sydney and Melbourne Lion Queen. Our courts banned these protests to a later date, but no one listened. Australia nailed Covid 19 with just 100 deaths. These drongos may just double that meritorious figure.
BTW it is not true to say the marches were illegal. The NSW Supreme Court ruled they were a legitimate public assembly

The Sydney “Stop All Black Deaths in Custody” rally was declared an authorised public assembly after a late decision by the court of appeal as tens of thousands of protesters rallied in cities and towns across Australia to march against Indigenous deaths in custody and the killing of unarmed US man George Floyd.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...flouts-the-law
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 07:16 AM

Hi

I agree with others that this is just plain stupid.

They are putting themselves, who are the highest vulnerable group at risk.

We had a sensible protest here in Shrewsbury.

All socially distanced and no attacks on the Police.

The idiots are not just just putting themselves at risk, they are putting the NHS at risk.

Why aren't the Police clamping down?

It is a value judgement.

We do not have enough Police to do so.

Clamping down would result in injuries and overwhelming the local NHS Services.

One arrest takes out two Police Officers and we do not have enough cells to put them in.

Every cell has to be deep cleaned before you can put another one in.

This is not done to protect the offenders, it is done to protect the Police.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 01:50 PM

Even "celebrations" are being permitted:

https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/...s-celebration/

Police appeal after disturbance during good-natured Coventry City fans’ celebration

Several hundred people met in Broadgate from 5pm to celebrate news that Coventry City had been promoted to the Championship.

West Midlands Police said: “The gathering was good natured until around 9.15pm when some of the group chased two men who were not part of the gathering.

“It’s alleged one of the two men brandished a knife towards the group. Bottles and other missiles were thrown but no-one was injured; a window was broken during the disturbance."
Life getting back to "normal" .....
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

11-06-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
So do I, no distancing, hardly any wearing masks, it's bound to happen to some of them & they'll pass it on to older people who are more vulnerable They are complete & utter morons the lot of them. Pity we don't have rubber bullets & tear gas here in a way.
Totally concur Tiffany. Bloody selfish as are those that have defied a court order and government advice to march in Sydney tomorrow. This is mostly for Indigenous Australalian deaths in custody. Of course white Australians dont die in custody.. or at least it is not splashed all over our papers like black deaths. If this sounds racist.. then sorry.. but it is fact.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top