Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 09:21 AM

Re: Good Morning Friday (12th June)

Good morning everybody. It looks like being another wet one.

No plans here except cleaning & tidying and trying out a new recipe for cake that contains no sugar or fat. Paula told me about it yesterday - her mum makes it for dad who's diabetic & Paula says it's lush!

Have a good day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 09:55 AM

Good morning all the garden is looking healthier after yesterday’s downfall and I’m expecting to see the weeds growing fast and furious now.

Enjoy your day everyone
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It was a bit grey and damp this morning and hasn't improved any this arvo but the bin chickens were out in force on my walk this morning.
Why bin chickens, Bruce? Those surely are White Ibis
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Good morning everybody. It looks like being another wet one.

No plans here except cleaning & tidying and trying out a new recipe for cake that contains no sugar or fat. Paula told me about it yesterday - her mum makes it for dad who's diabetic & Paula says it's lush!

Have a good day all.
Carol, may I put my name forward as a semi skilled cake taster
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

12-06-2020, 12:07 PM

Boy I can see some partying by some of you Brits when you are finally free of this annoying self isolation. Summer sounds like she is ready to lead the party
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Why bin chickens, Bruce? Those surely are White Ibis
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bin_chicken

I don't remember seeing them at all when I first came to Australia now they are everywhere. Then I discovered why:

They are not a nuisance where I live but in Sydney they are.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bin_chicken

I don't remember seeing them at all when I first came to Australia now they are everywhere. Then I discovered why:

They are not a nuisance where I live but in Sydney they are.
I guess like urban foxes they raid bins.

As that clip was in 1973, I guess they are now spread everywhere. If we got the Ibis here like that, the twitchers would be out in their droves, just like they did when Red Kites were introduced, I love those birds of prey.
When Little Egrets first appeared here the twitchers would flock to see them. Now we've got those everywhere & breeding & they naturalised themselves.
I have seen Purple Ibis at Lodmoor Weymouth. Those are accidentals.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 11:42 AM

Good morning all.
A glorious warm, sunny day here today.

Just finishing some paperwork, then I am off outside. I want to take lots of cuttings from my favourite Pinks, then get on with repotting some young plants.
Would like to clip one of the dogs if I get time too.

Have fun.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

13-06-2020, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good morning all.
A glorious warm, sunny day here today.

Just finishing some paperwork, then I am off outside. I want to take lots of cuttings from my favourite Pinks, then get on with repotting some young plants.
Would like to clip one of the dogs if I get time too.

Have fun.
Tis Saturday 13th Mups, I was answering the post from Bruce yesterday. This time change is confusing.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top