Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 10:07 AM

Re: Coming out...

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm not interested in the supermarket until they have definitive proof that this nasty virus has gone. What they are finding is that it can take months to develop antibodies so those who have it can catch it again. I guess that is why it is so dangerous. Be careful out there it seems safe but that won't be the first time people felt that way with an infectious disease.
The Chinese Plague isn't going to go. It will mutate with time but the direction that mutation will take is anybody's guess.

We're fortunate in where we live and how we live but there's no way that we'll return to life before coronavirus unless an effective vaccine is available and we've both been inocculated.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 10:56 AM

For anyone really concerned about contracting it .. I'd say stay indoors for now , if you can.
What with BLM demonstrations and 'non essential' shops and businesses getting back to work there might well be a peak on the cards

I believe Beijing are suffering a peak and South Korea's R number has gone above one and they're dealing with a second wave. This virus ain't going to go away soon.

Around my neck of the woods, when I've been out it seems the 2m distancing is getting forgotten a bit ... now there's increasing amounts of traffic pedestrians are having difficulties if there's no handy driveway to nip in or they can't nip into the road. Either you're stuck standing there waiting for a gap in the traffic, or you just nod at each other apologetically and nip past each other.

I'd ..
Stay at Home, Protect Yourself, Save Lives.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 11:13 AM

Good post Morty, none of us know for sure what we are going to 'meet' outside the safety of our own homes.

I'll be staying put at the moment and see what develops over the next few weeks when the masses have been out.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I only go out for a walk or a short drive in my car to keep the battery charged as well as to take my disabled husband out for a change of scene. I'm lucky enough to be able to get a regular delivery slot for my groceries so don't need to go to the supermarket. However, I shall soon need petrol for the car and am quite worried about going to a petrol garage at the moment.
When you get your petrol, wear gloves to use the pump handle and pay by contactless card if you can so saving touching the keypad (limit on this is now £45 but in some places it's still only £30). My garage was supplying a box of gloves by each pump, only necessary to use one, but they were all systematically stolen so no more free gloves there!

Garages are very quiet now due to lack of use so probably safer than the supermarkets. My one also has no unleaded and hasn't had for some days now, luckily my car is a diesel.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
When you get your petrol, wear gloves to use the pump handle and pay by contactless card if you can so saving touching the keypad (limit on this is now £45 but in some places it's still only £30). My garage was supplying a box of gloves by each pump, only necessary to use one, but they were all systematically stolen so no more free gloves there!

Garages are very quiet now due to lack of use so probably safer than the supermarkets. My one also has no unleaded and hasn't had for some days now, luckily my car is a diesel.
Thank you for the advice Baz - I shall pluck up my courage and visit my usual petrol garage in the next few days. I don't have any disposable gloves but have put a freezer bag in the car to put over my hand when touching the pump I hope there is unleaded at my garage!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I was wondering how many OFF's members have come out of self isolation now?

I have & I find if I go to the supermarket late evening about 8 -9 pm there's hardly anybody there. It's a nice time to shop. I keep my distance of course. Surprisingly I don't see many people in protective masks...
This is what I do too, my Son takes me as I don't drive, he lives here. Apart from that once a week, I go nowhere. I guess I've got used to it now. I have no intention of doing anything more until they say no more cases of Covid19.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 11:58 AM

Blimey...when I first started to read this thread.

I thought you were going to ask us...the question...about the wardrobe.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 01:31 PM

I won't be going far until the daily figures are nil or there is a vaccine.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by meg ->
i won't be going far until the daily figures are nil or there is a vaccine.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Blimey...when I first started to read this thread.

I thought you were going to ask us...the question...about the wardrobe.

Me too!

I went out on Wednesday for the first time since the end of March. Only to the Post Office as I had a small parcel to post (home made face masks...) and then I saw nobody was in our butcher's so popped in there. I don't feel brave enough to go to a supermarket yet though as Mr Glanny is still shielding. I used the hand sanitiser in the butchers, I was in there chatting away for 20 minutes! Our butcher would talk the hind leg off a cow and I was the only customer

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top