Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 11:41 PM

Re: Black Lives Matter attack right wing protester in London

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If the apparently useless politically correct police had done their job right from the start and given the BLM scum and their handlers plus the useful idiots a REALLY good kicking this could have been nipped in the bud.

We've seen how the American police deal with low life, to some it came as a shock or worse, but now we have seen first hand WHY they act as they do and should take more than a leaf from their book. OUR lives matter and in OUR country more than others.

No Todger. I don't agree with you there.
Give the protestors a 'good kicking' you say?
Surely you can imagine what that would do?
If our police had been violent, the protestors would have been even more violent or come back armed and double the numbers.

I don't understand why you think that way when you have seen for yourself the result of police violence in the USA.

What makes you think it would be a good idea here?

Violence only temporary intimidates, followed by worse retaliations.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Annie you only ever see what you want to see.
You could say the same for everyone Muddy. Why are you singling me out?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 11:50 PM

Because you keep saying all was calm and peaceful when it clearly wasn’t unless there are a lot of actors out there.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 11:59 PM

Did the police attack the protesters? Have I missed that footage?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2020, 11:59 PM

Why do they use horses Judd?
What are they supposed to do exactly?
Surely it must be so easy for the thugs to stick a knife in the ribs of those poor animals as they walk by?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 12:08 AM

Based on what I see on American TV news, it seems that the cities which have the very least amount of violence are the cities where the police have sided with the protesters, or at least not attacked the protesters.
Numerous Chiefs of Police have actually marched with the protesters.

The radical right, namely Neo-Nazis and KKK have been strangely quiet.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Why do they use horses Judd?
What do they do exactly?
Surely it must be so easy for the thugs to stick a knife in the ribs of those poor animals as they walk by?
They give officers the advantage of vision from above, over the heads of a crowd.

Also they have a very good weight advantage during crowd control.....if you've ever had a police horse lean on you it's very hard to not go where it wants you to.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-06-2020, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by reg ->
They give officers the advantage of vision from above, over the heads of a crowd.

Also they have a very good weight advantage during crowd control.....if you've ever had a police horse lean on you it's very hard to not go where it wants you to.

Those poor animals are forced into it regardless of how they feel, Reg.
They don't get up in the morning looking for trouble like those humans do.
I wonder how often they get a knife cut - and they don't even get paid!

Seriously though, I hate to see them used like that.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 12:47 AM

If our police had been violent, the protestors would have been even more violent or come back armed and double the numbers.

I don't understand why you think that way when you have seen for yourself the result of police violence in the USA.

Intelligent, well thought out post, Mups.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2020, 01:01 AM

If you allow violence to go unchallenged then people will get a sense of entitlement that not only is it their right to be violent but they are being allowed to be.

The protests are proving this. More and more people are causing a disturbance, throwing bottles, stones and other things they can find at the police, damaging other peoples property and all the police are doing is letting them do it unchallenged.

This is wrong, force needs to be met with force otherwise you get an unbalance and that is exactly what we are seeing, the protesters being allowed to be strong and firm whilst the police weak.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top