Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 09:17 AM

Re: Will you be going shopping today?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I can get all I need online so won't be going shopping any time soon .
I agree. We normally use Tesco.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I can get all I need online so won't be going shopping any time soon .
Me neither, far too risky at present. Either I will shop online or go without what I might have purchased from a shop until later.

The further decline of the high street this will be, something we will all have to live with I reckon. Businesses will realise the benefits, they will need to have warehouses and facilities for online shopping but will not have to pay out extortionate business rates, as they probably do presently for high street shops. The younger generation, well-used to technology and shopping online, are future customers and they already shop in this way so will possibly welcome this kind of change.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 09:36 AM

There’s nothing I desperately need so no, I won’t be going into town for a long while yet.

I’m looking forward to watching this evening’s local news though just to see how it’s all going.

I think it will a long time yet until we feel safe enough to restart our usual Monday trips into town.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 11:21 AM

I shan't be going into town for a long time yet. The only shop worth visiting in Northampton, for me anyway, is Waterstones and I am now getting any books I want online from them.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 12:13 PM

No will not be venturing out TBH
lol.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 01:20 PM

Val might be going to Tesco tomorrow. I might join her for the fresh air but might equally stay close to the car rather than go in the store.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 01:22 PM

Tackle shop opens Thursday so I'll be going there.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 01:54 PM

Not on your Nike .....

There were big queues outside the Nike store in Central London .....

Morons .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 01:58 PM

Might nip down to Wilko's for a few bits, but that's about it.
I am not a lover of browsing round shops for the sake of it.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 01:59 PM

No shopping for me. We have managed to get groceries delivered throughout the lockdown and will hopefully continue to do so. Other goods have been bought online too.

Might keep doing this even if the World becomes a safe place to go out in again.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top