Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2020, 08:13 AM

First Day of the Fishing Season.

Hi

June 16th, the end of the Close Season and we can fish the rivers again.

I was really looking forward to it.

A longstanding tradition to go and fish the Reabrook for chub, dace and roach with my two mates.

Totally unfishable due to the thunderstorms and the main river is coming up like a train and mud brown.

A sad day.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2020, 08:41 AM

Re: First Day of the Fishing Season.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A longstanding tradition to go and fish the Reabrook for chub, dace and roach with my two mates.

Totally unfishable due to the thunderstorms and the main river is coming up like a train and mud brown.

A sad day.
However, there will be other days swimfeeders, lots of them for you, hopefully. I used to enjoy fishing but due to other demands on me that stopped. Now with all that behind me and looking for other things in my life that is something I could consider starting again. I used to work permanent night shifts and found a few hours fishing after many hours of sitting in front of a computer was so good. It's relaxing just to take in quiet surroundings of nature plus the excitement of sometimes managing to catch something, obviously returning it to the water afterwards. Carp, Bream and Tench used to comprise most of my catches with a few Roach and Perch but have never caught a Pike or Trout.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2020, 09:38 AM

Right now there is only one blood sport that I would turn Nelson's eye to and that is blackberrying (sp?).
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2020, 11:18 AM

A day that I always looked forward to at one time as well Swimmy, sorry to hear the weather's put the mokkers on it for you...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2020, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A sad day.
Have a man-hug from me.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top