Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Cherie B
Oxfordshire
Cherie B is female  Cherie B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 08:49 PM

Re: Continue the Story.

Tanzi was overjoyed to see her husband again until he told her that he'd have to go back up North on the morrow to finish installing the last twenty five computers in the new insurance company.
The next morning saw Guy driving off very early while Tanzi proceeded to the local secondary school, where she worked as a teacher.
Arriving back home on another hot and humid afternoon she let herself in through the front door, pausing a moment to step over the mail lying on the doormat and noticing, with surprise, that the envelopes were splattered with red dots.
There was the sound of a soft thud and Tanzi turned toward the front door to see a large dead black rat swinging from it's tail that was captured in the letterbox. The rat had had it's throat cut and was dripping blood!
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

02-08-2020, 11:46 PM

An hour later Tanzi was being questioned by police Sgt Lawson. "Mrs Wellington we take this type of harassment very seriously. But the simple fact is we have no proof it was done by your gypsy visitor. All we can do is monitor the gypsy camp and question those leaving it."
Cherie B
Oxfordshire
Cherie B is female  Cherie B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 09:11 PM

After thanking Sgt Lawson and showing him out of the back door, Tanzi phoned Guy and, in a tearful voice told him what had happened.
"Oh my darling I am so sorry. Sorry that it happened and sorry that I'm not there.I'm afraid I'm in the middle of installing software at present but hopefully I'll be home on Friday. If you don't feel okay about clearing up the mess at the front door then ask Tom to come and help you.I'm afraid I've got to get back to work now but do ring me tonight sweetheart if you need to, I love you Tanz, bye bye my gorgeous girl."
Tanzi put the phone down then started cleaning-up the nasty mess left on the door mat. Having completed this messy task, Tanzi showered and proceeded to mark school books before settling down to continue reading a hard to put down novel. Just before the clock struck ten Tanzi felt her eyelids drooping and her eyes closing, she shut the book and made to go to bed........then, the front door bell rang!
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

04-08-2020, 12:22 AM

It was Sgt Lawson. Mrs Wellington a man fitting your description was seen leaving the camp 20 minutes ago. I have men round the back and one watching your front door. I will stay here with you until the coast is clear. At that moment a shot rang out from behind Tanzis house........
Cherie B
Oxfordshire

04-08-2020, 09:36 PM

Sgt Lawson jumped up, turned to Tanzi saying,"Don't be frightend Mrs Wellington we had word that this traveller is armed and dangerous but you'll be perfectly safe just as long as you stay inside.Lock the door after I've gone"
And with that, the police officer left.
Tanzi could hear the sounds of constant movement coming from the outside of her house, then a slamming of car doors and then, all of a sudden, everything was quiet.There was a knock on the front door, Tanzi put the chain on and slowly pulled the door open to where the sergeant stood."Just to let you know that we've got him Mrs Wellington so no need for you to worry yourself any more.Goodnight now, go and get your rest, we'll be in touch tomorrow"
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

04-08-2020, 11:46 PM

For the first time in several days Tanzi slept soundly. It had been a traumatic time for the young housewife. This man menacing her and Guy being away. The next morning Sgt Lawson told Tanzi that one of his constables had been shot by the Romany assailant but that the wound was not life threatening. "Sgt Lawson I hope you are going to move this camp out of our county now as these Romany people are very family oriented and with this man in custody his kin may look for revenge on myself or my husband."
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

04-08-2020, 11:51 PM

Hi Cherie. Wondering if you are like your avatar today or is it the frizzy flame haired look as per your profile.
Cherie B
Oxfordshire

05-08-2020, 09:35 PM

Sgt Lawson shook his head,"I'm afraid moving the travellers on from Common Ground requires a Court Order from the local council which may take a little time."Tanzi looked rather taken aback,"Oh dear I thought they'd be gone by tomorrow" The sergeant smiled regretfully at her and said,"Now don't you go worrying yourself Mrs Wellington, the police are here to protect you, any problems with anyone from the camp, then just ring this number", and he handed Tanzi a card with the nunber to his direct line on. He then took his leave.
Cherie B
Oxfordshire

08-08-2020, 09:09 PM

Thursday
Tanzi had taken a days leave from work so no hurrying to school today, which was just as well since, following the shotgun incident and arrest of the traveller, she had spent a sleepless night. During the day she filled her time catching up with household chores, marking school books and preparing lessons for the next day.

It was early evening when there was a knock on the front door Tanzi looked into the security camera and saw a young boy hovering about outside.She opened the door a fraction and asked him what he wanted."Please Miss,"he said,"I've got a letter here from my mum, it's about my bruvver." "Brother",questioned Tanzi,"What's his name?" "Ian, he's in your class", said the lad.
Ian Martin thought Tanzi, now what ails him? She opened the door and, before she realised what was happening, seven or eight boys, all wearing clown masks, pushed past her and ran into the house."Hey,'she shouted as she followed them in,"what in earth are you doing? Come out of there at once" One of the boys raced up the stairs while the rest of them disappeared into the lounge.Tanzi started to follow the boy upstairs, but a crash from downstairs, brought her hurryingly down just as the gang were making out of the front door. She went into the lounge and saw what had caused the crash. One of her favourite vases filled with red roses had been carelessly knocked to the floor, broken glass, flowers and water were lying on the carpet. With tears in her eyes she started to clear up the mess casting an eye around her to make sure everything else was in order. It was then that she remembered the boy who had gone upstairs and quickly went up to investigate. Tanzi could find nothing had changed so she hurried back to the lounge and continued with the clearing-up, tears pouring down her face.
Cherie B
Oxfordshire

22-08-2020, 04:10 PM

FRIDAY.

The next day Tanzi awoke to a beautiful morning, the sky was bright blue, the sun was shining brightly and she felt infinitely better. Sgt Lawson had rung late last night with the information that the travellers were moving on some time today.So with this good news and the knowledge that Guy was coming home tonight,Tanzi felt a lot happier than she had yesterday.
Later, making her way to school, she smiled as the birds, who were singing at the tops of their voices, were making the most of the beautiful weather.

Since the summer break started on Monday, and the children were looking forward to a six week holiday from school, there was the usual feeling of excitement amongst all the hustle and bustle the end of term often brings."Bye Debs, I'll give you a ring next Tuesday," and "Have a great holiday Sue, don't forget to send me a postcard", were snippets of conversation drifting up to Tanzi from the playground as she picked up a pile of textbooks and carried them to the cupboard.She placed them inside and as she turned to close the doors, gave an audible cry as someone stepped in front of her.It was Ian Martin! "Oh," exclaimed Tanzi,'You startled me Ian. What are you doing back here, have you left something behind?".The lad, tall and stockily built for his fifteen years, reached into his school bag and produced a knife,"You mean something like this Mrs Wellington", was his insolent reply as he held the blade menacingly in front of her face.Tanzi gasped in astonishment and backed away from him,"I suggest you take that weapon and yourself out of here immediately Ian, you know carrying knives in school has been banned by the headmaster","Ooh, better take that nasty knife out of here", mimicked the boy,"my dad always says that you're* a snooty bitch, and he's right. Is that why you got my uncle Jed banged up?" Tanzi looked at him in disbelief,"Uncle Jed? He's not the traveller?He can't be""And why can't he be? He's my dad's brother and that woman he wanted the orchids for happens to be my grandmother"intimated Ian.
"Oh dear, I really am very sorry to hear that Ian, but if a person breaks into your home and attempts to steal from you, then they should expect some form of punishment. Now, it's time that you left school and let me get home as my husband is............." The boy rudely interrupted her, "Huh, that's the posh bloke with the poncy name......... Guy", sniggered Ian."Get out now and leave that weapon behind you!" responded an angry Tanzi,"Or I'm calling Security!"
Ian Martin curled his lip and moved towards her, then, with a sudden movement he made a lunge and plunged the knife's blade into her stomach.Tanzi was unable to speak, her eyes registered increduality, as from her mouth came the low guttural murmur like the sound of an animal in pain, and she slowly slid to the floor.Quickly and noiselessly Ian bent down, pulled the knife from her stomach and wiped the blade clean on Tanzi's gaily coloured skirt. Without even a glance at the wounded woman, he snatched up the bunch of keys lying on the table, and locking the classroom door stealthily went on his way.
The corridor outside classroom 17 was quuet and empty, no noisy pupils racing to get outside where the bright sun heralded, the beginning of the summer holidays.

Inside room 17 a very pretty young woman wearing a flared summerweight skirt, in which a dark red, wet patch was seen to be leaking into the cotton material, was lying slumped on the floor, her face drained of all colour and her lips making no sound at all.

The End.

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top