Join for free
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 10:02 PM

Why does spell check keep disapearing?

Grammarly and and Spell hecks often disappear when using Keyboard
How do you make them permanent?
I need a spell check as I am Dyslexic.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 10:52 PM

Re: Why does spell check keep disapearing?

Hi Azure I am dyslexic too and use Grammarly and it doesn't disappear with me . On the contrary, it can be a pain popping up and insisting I change something and blocking my way when I am trying to type.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 08:48 AM

It's not something I've used but only read about. It seems it can be a either a browser extension or something added to MS Word.

The usual thing to try when an installed extension or program doesn't run properly is to reinstall it.

You could also try a bit of computer house-keeping to make sure old temp tiles or browser data isn't affecting it. Even if it turns out it isn't, this is something that should be done with a Windows computer once in a while anyway.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It's not something I've used but only read about. It seems it can be a either a browser extension or something added to MS Word.

The usual thing to try when an installed extension or program doesn't run properly is to reinstall it.

You could also try a bit of computer house-keeping to make sure old temp tiles or browser data isn't affecting it. Even if it turns out it isn't, this is something that should be done with a Windows computer once in a while anyway.
Thank you mart i iwll take tyour advice and reinstall.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

01-07-2020, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Azure I am dyslexic too and use Grammarly and it doesn't disappear with me . On the contrary, it can be a pain popping up and insisting I change something and blocking my way when I am trying to type.
Thank you Meg.

I think I will reinstall Grammarly as advised.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top