Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 01:43 PM

Re: Take Away

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think the effects from junk food are more long term Azure. Lots of diabetes, heart disease, cancer, obesity and arthritis in the older generation these days.
Totally agree. Plus flavour enhancers, hydrogenated fat, colourants are all unnecessary for nutrition but processed food is full of them. You can't win with veg when they might be full of fertiliser and pesticides. Smoked meats are full of nitrites and wine sulphites.

You take a risk and yes you will still live and have nutrition from the nutrients included, but let's not pretend there's no health risks long term. An occasional treat is fine but my problem is that that more I eat of such stuff the more I crave it. Then one day your kidneys get weaker, your heart starts failing earlier than it should, diabetes creeps up on you.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Totally agree. Plus flavour enhancers, hydrogenated fat, colourants are all unnecessary for nutrition but processed food is full of them. You can't win with veg when they might be full of fertiliser and pesticides. Smoked meats are full of nitrites and wine sulphites.

You take a risk and yes you will still live and have nutrition from the nutrients included, but let's not pretend there's no health risks long term. An occasional treat is fine but my problem is that that more I eat of such stuff the more I crave it. Then one day your kidneys get weaker, your heart starts failing earlier than it should, diabetes creeps up on you.
Hi

A different perspective.

In many parts of the World eating out is a daily occurrence.

Street food is the name of the game, many apartments do not have a kitchen, just a hotplate and a kettle.

The street food is safe, cheap and they live longer than we do.

It is purely a Western thing, we are the ones which contaminate our own food to maximise profits.

The power of advertising.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Ah! A good reminder, this topic.

I need to start going back to Effin Elsie's this very day.

She's called "Effin Elsie" because that's what she always says as she is wrapping your take away!

Effin Else?

oh that made me laugh
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 07:18 PM

I think the effects from junk food are more long term Azure. Lots of diabetes, heart disease, cancer, obesity and arthritis in the older generation these days.
I don't think the older generation ate many Takaways as there was only Chip Shops on every Street intthose days
That was all people could affored as employent was scarcse and children lived on Chip butties.
The lack of Health care and Hygene made people ill.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 07:23 PM

I knew a 94 year old sprightly lady, who only had a tin of Heinz Tomato Soup with bread for lunch each day.
She was very religeous.

Deo gratias.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I don't think the older generation ate many Takaways as there was only Chip Shops on every Street intthose days
That was all people could affored as employent was scarcse and children lived on Chip butties.
The lack of Health care and Hygene made people ill.
Sorry Azure, but I am part of that 'Older Generation' and I can assure you that I had more than my fill of junk food especially fish and chips cooked in fat, numerous Chinese meals, Dripping sandwiches smothered in salt and not to mention pork scratchings, crisps and the occasional burger.... resulting in two heart attacks....
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

08-07-2020, 10:20 PM

Sorry Azure, but I am part of that 'Older Generation' and I can assure you that I had more than my fill of junk food especially fish and chips cooked in fat, numerous Chinese meals, Dripping sandwiches smothered in salt and not to mention pork scratchings, crisps and the occasional burger.... resulting in two heart attacks....
I was thinking of people over 70 years, in the ressecion who definately could not afford Chinese meals.
You were lucky to be employed.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A different perspective.

In many parts of the World eating out is a daily occurrence.

Street food is the name of the game, many apartments do not have a kitchen, just a hotplate and a kettle.

The street food is safe, cheap and they live longer than we do.

It is purely a Western thing, we are the ones which contaminate our own food to maximise profits.

The power of advertising.
I'd love to know where that is. When I think of people living on take out the US comes to mind.

In terms of take aways in the UK they are always very salty and that's for a reason.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I was thinking of people over 70 years, in the ressecion who definately could not afford Chinese meals.
You were lucky to be employed.
Another five days and I'll be one of the over seventies Azure...
What recession? You could have the choice of any job when I left school...None of this tossing it off at university for four years and then a 'Gap' year.....My Dad made it clear when I left school; No job, No wages, No home.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-07-2020, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'd love to know where that is. When I think of people living on take out the US comes to mind.

In terms of take aways in the UK they are always very salty and that's for a reason.
Too right Annie, most street food is sh$te! I've never seen one of those Hygiene star thingys on a greasy sausage and burger selling trailer...Would you like cremated onions with that sir!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top