Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:15 PM

Re: Coronavirus: I trust people's sense on face masks - Gove

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Glasses should be over the top of the mask and the nose clip needs to be moulded to the nose so it doesn't leach air upwards. You're meant to pinch the nose clip and then pull the mask downwards. Then you put the glasses on.

The ones that fold vertically are better in that respect. Moulded ones are the most difficult to use with glasses.

What we need now is mask fitters just like you have a bra fitting service in some shops. But of course you can't do it in a socially distanced way. Perhaps we will soon have our own personal robot to do all these things...

Yes, I found that out myself Annie.
Everytime I breathed out, my glasses steamed up but then I found it was because I hadn't closed the wire top close enough.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:38 PM

Face coverings in England's shops to be compulsory from 24 July

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53397617

Those who fail to comply with the new rules will face a fine of up to £100, the government is to announce.

The move will bring England into line with Scotland and other major European nations like Spain, Italy and Germany.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock is expected to set out the new guidance on face coverings on Tuesday.

They are designed to minimise the spread of coronavirus and also encourage people to return to the shops safely.

The announcement follows confusion about the government's intentions in recent days, with a senior minister suggesting on Sunday that people should use their "common sense" rather than being compelled to cover up.
That's that, then ..... definitely .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:39 PM

About time too! I've been moaning about this for months now. I will have to find something else to complain about hmmph!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
About time too! I've been moaning about this for months now. I will have to find something else to complain about hmmph!
The price of masks .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:50 PM

Hevens above these old Etonians live on another planet .
Does nanny do all the shopping ?
People are total idiots and will not do as they are told .
As Baz has pointed out they can’t even manage the social distancing !
It has to be law .
No ifs buts or trusts .
Simple you can’t get into a shop or on public transport without a mask .
How hard is that ?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-07-2020, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hevens above these old Etonians live on another planet .

Surprisingly, Gove was born a bastard:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gove#Early_life

Graeme Logan was born on 26 August 1967. His biological mother was a 23-year-old cookery demonstrator. Gove born in a maternity hospital in Fonthill Road, Aberdeen, and put into care soon after he was born. At the age of four months he was adopted by a Labour-supporting couple in Aberdeen, Ernest and Christine Gove, by whom he was brought up.

Gove was educated at two state schools (Sunnybank Primary School and Kittybrewster Primary School), and later, on the recommendation of his primary school teacher, he sat and passed the entrance exam for the independent Robert Gordon's College. Later, as he entered the sixth form he had to apply for a scholarship as his family fell on difficult economic circumstances.
So far, so laudable .....

But then, the fateful meeting:

From 1985 to 1988 he read English at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford, graduating with an upper second. During his first year, he met future Prime Minister Boris Johnson and helped him become elected President of the Oxford Union. Gove was elected as President of the Oxford Union a year after Johnson.

Unsurprisingly, Johnson does come from a very privileged (and colourful) background, including Eton and Oxford with a father who, amongst other things, took part in the Marco Polo Expedition of 1961. Johnson himself joined the Old Etonian-dominated Bullingdon Club, an exclusive drinking society notorious for acts of vandalism .....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 01:01 AM

Hi

We both have masks and wear them.

Guy has hospital appointments and is tested every time he visits.

We have both disposable ones and the full FFP3 ones.

We have the proper gloves.

I do not use the hand sanitisers provided, too much risk of Contamination.

We have our own, much more effective sanitiser made with Hydrogen Peroxide.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 08:10 AM

I have seen hardly any shop workers wearing masks. They lurk about blocking aisles, hanging about and barging past.
They are mixing with folk all day. They don't sanitise hands between customers either.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Good idea JBR! You don't want to look like a right t*t!
God love him, funny man.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 09:11 AM

Hi

Unfortunately we are not blessed with the most intelligent or dynamic Politicians in the World.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top