Join for free
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 07:48 AM

Re: Disgusting abuse of law

I heard the jury had to have protection because of possible threats I wonder if that had any influence on the verdict. Terrible outcome especially for the family.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

25-07-2020, 08:30 AM

Those sewer rats should have been done for murder. I hope they are not let out for a very long time.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 08:42 AM

If threats were made then a trial without a jury should have been held.

Jury Tampering

Crime of attempting to influence a jury through any means other than presenting evidence and argument in court, including conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats, or asking acquaintances to intercede with a juror.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedict...jury+tampering
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

25-07-2020, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
If threats were made then a trial without a jury should have been held.

Jury Tampering

Crime of attempting to influence a jury through any means other than presenting evidence and argument in court, including conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats, or asking acquaintances to intercede with a juror.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedict...jury+tampering
That should definitely be looked into, there should be another trial if jury tampering has taken place.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 10:46 AM

Once again, the courts siding with the criminal.

I'm sure this wouldn't have happened in America.

As others have mentioned, I can see at least some of the police giving up and resigning as they are not supported by the authorities.

We are heading inexorably towards a lawless society, where criminals have free rein supported by do-gooders and the courts and where law-abiding citizens have no other option but to take measures to protect themselves.

Those responsible for that situation, of course, will not be affected by crime as they live in protected little bubbles.

There is also the matter of Pikeys coming over every summer to inflict damage to everyone in this country either indirectly or directly.
Another thing which the authorities could prevent if they felt like doing so.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 11:12 AM

That judge "s behaviour should be looked into ,PDQ IMO.
It is just appalling
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 11:13 AM

Just read this on Yahoo news https://uk.news.yahoo.com/pc-andrew-...190428974.html

Which according to the article appears jury tampering could have taken place and thus an MP is writing to the Attorney General to investigate.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by dodge ->
just read this on yahoo news https://uk.news.yahoo.com/pc-andrew-...190428974.html

which according to the article appears jury tampering could have taken place and thus an mp is writing to the attorney general to investigate.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Once again, the courts siding with the criminal.
No, the court wasn't "siding with the criminal". The jury found them guilty of manslaughter. Don't be so damn paranoid.

If it could be shown, however, that the jury was "nobbled", then a re-trial should definitely be on the cards.

To repeat a point I made earlier: I'm intrigued by the reasoning behind the verdict. Unfortunately, jury deliberations are not minuted (let alone published), so we'll never know for sure just how they reasoned their way to "manslaughter". That's why I'd like to see the judge's directions to the jury in the case.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
No, the court wasn't "siding with the criminal". The jury found them guilty of manslaughter. Don't be so damn paranoid.
You're entitled to your opinion, of course.

And do try to be a little more polite.

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top