Join for free
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 01:43 PM

how can I delete this file

I uninstalled malwarebytes, deleted it from the registry, but found a folder in program files , and I can't delete it , the message I get when I try to delete it is...can't delete it as it is open in another file....I've also used c cleaner but it's still there does anyone know how to get rid of it
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 01:53 PM

Re: how can I delete this file

Originally Posted by paula ->
I uninstalled malwarebytes, deleted it from the registry, but found a folder in program files , and I can't delete it , the message I get when I try to delete it is...can't delete it as it is open in another file....I've also used c cleaner but it's still there does anyone know how to get rid of it
It might be locked by the registry - try turning the PC OFF, wait a few seconds and then turn the PC ON .....

Check if the folder has gone or can now be deleted.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 02:00 PM

Start your computer in "Safe Mode" you should be able to delete it then as long as you are an administrator.

https://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how...-the-easy-way/
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 02:34 PM

if using windows

type in the box at the bottom of the screen "my computer"

look for "this PC "in drop down list, click on it, the first one at the top

go to (local disk "c") click on it

click on program files and /or Program files (x86)

in the drop down list should be Malwarebytes

delete from here

failing that download use free version in link below

https://www.revouninstaller.com/star...ware-download/

I have used the earlier pro vesion for many years and its got me out of a lot of unwanted programs. the version I got so long ago it for me is free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 02:57 PM

Apparently, there is an option to Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/...s-Support-Tool

The Malwarebytes Support Tool troubleshoots, repairs, and resolves issues with Malwarebytes for Windows. If you're experiencing a technical issue with Malwarebytes for Windows, you can use the Malwarebytes Support Tool to uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes.

The steps in this article detail the advanced Clean option. This option deletes all Malwarebytes for Windows files and all previous setting configurations. You then have the option to reinstall Malwarebytes for Windows with the default settings.
Although it may be too late for that now .....

Nevertheless, a useful link for those considering deleting Malwarebyes .....
digitalham
United Kingdom
digitalham is male  digitalham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:52 AM

If it isn't sorted you could try this....

Take a note of the exact path to the directory.
Close all file explorer windows as often this is what has the directory open.
Use the search box for CMD and which will show as command prompt and right click run as administrator.
Click Yes to allow the app to make changes.

Then you can just type in

del <full path to directory starting with c:\

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top