Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 11:37 PM

new monitor

Just ordered a new monitor its a

Dell UltraSharp 27 InfinityEdge Monitor | U2719D - 68.6cm(27") Black

Ben my son had a look at the one I am using and could not believe I was still using old type connections to the computer the monitor is 10 years old and not expensive at the time either and a lot smaller.
I did upgrade the graphic card not long ago but the monitor is still the old one
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 01:06 AM

Re: new monitor

I have just done the same thing, I bought a new computer which only had HDMI and Displayport connections whereas my old ASUS monitor was VGA and DVI - gawd knows how old it is.

I just bought an el cheapo 27" monitor with HDMI for $130 (£65) I might get better one in the future but probably won't bother.

While I was waiting for it to be delivered I used a 24" TV out of my camper
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 01:17 AM

Bruce
the one I am using at the moment is a Dell U2312HM monitor with a 1920x1080 display resolution which doesn't bring out the best detail in pictures, so I will keep it as a backup monitor. As you know a 4" difference can mean a lot
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 07:13 AM

I hope you will be happy with your new monitor realspeed.

One of my BenQ 1920x1080 monitors has a DVI input but I'm using an HDMI to DVI adapter with it. The other is HDMI input. Both look the same display quality.

I bought a Dell monitor some years back (DVI input) but had to give up on it in the end. I use the computer in a fairly well lit room and the reflections in the glossy screen really detracted from picture quality during the daytime.

I looked out for a matte screen monitor to replace it and bought a BenQ, which has been fine. I bought another BenQ when I wanted a larger monitor.

I still have the 22" Dell. I'll never use it. I presume it still works and I can't bring myself to get rid of it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-08-2020, 08:13 AM

Mart

Just been reading about connections and the DVI has been updated to theDisplayPort 1.4 on new monitors.
I should see a difference from the 1920x1080 screen I have on this monitor to the 2560x1440 resolution screen on the new one
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

04-08-2020, 04:31 PM

The new monitor just come and what a difference. Having looked at the old one all these years one doesn't notice . This new one with the bigger screen is so much clearer in is unbelievable
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 08:32 PM

The higher native resolution of the new monitor must give a good picture. If you find this gives a drawback as regards system font sizes, there's a little utility I use that affects only font sizes. It might be found better than the built-in Windows 10 adjustment, which affects the size of all fonts rather than individual ones.

I find system font sizes small even at 1920x1080 and use the utility to increase them. The font type can also be changed in there if you want.

https://www.wintools.info/index.php/...m-font-changer

Before use, the program offers to back up the original sizes. I don't usually do that but it's possibly best to.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top