Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 08:30 PM

Re: Paypal scam?

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Read the paragraph below the one you emboldened where I mention about going back to the old ways of buying things. (That was before online ever happened.) Text repeated below for you:

"If you had the money in you wallet or pocket you went into the establishment selling what you wished to buy, paid for it and walked out with the goods. If you didn't have the necessary money then you went without!"

No, nothing is ever 100% safe but today you would be lucky if things were 50% safe, the scammers are always one step ahead it seems.

Yes Baz, unfortunatley it does often seem to be getting that way.
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 08:53 PM

Re: Paypal scam?

Makes me wonder why I bother with the internet. It's a bit like CB radio became, only the internet contains so many criminals. I don't have a clue what the answer is, as somebody so rightly said that the criminals always seem to keep one step ahead.

Authorities seem to be forever chasing from behind, and the minute they develope a possible prevention the criminals think up a more advanced hacking system etc. it's never ending !

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top