Join for free
Frankie1944
Herts uk
Frankie1944 is female  Frankie1944 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 07:21 AM

Good Morning Thursday

Good Morning everyone, cloudy but very warm and muggy already.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 07:39 AM

Re: Good Morning Thursday

Good morning everybody.

A special day for me - I'm having my 7 year old autistic grandson Josh for the day and hopefully overnight. First time since lockdown so really looking forward to it.

Everything that we do today will revolve around him - should be great fun.

Have a good day all.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 08:17 AM

Good morning all. Anyone heard how Swmmy is?

Have a good day take care and stay safe. God bless.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 09:11 AM

Good morning everyone dull damp and humid.

I spent half yesterday trying to navigate the GP and hospital system post covid. I desperately need a change of medication which can only be done by a consultant and I can't see a consultant until the end of October . A simple email from GP to consultant would settle the issue but that is not possible apparently . Life is very complicated these days...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 09:20 AM

Good morning all, muggy here too and light rain in the wind, supposed to be quite hot this afternoon though they say..

I've been doing some concreting for the new garden room foundations but that will do for today after I've swept up, as we are meeting relatives at the pub for lunch later.

Enjoy your day everyone
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Good morning all. Anyone heard how Swmmy is?

Have a good day take care and stay safe. God bless.
Morning Moyra and all

I saw Swimmy post yesterday so I'm thinking he is on the mend, fingers crossed.

Had a lovely day off work yesterday was out all day long and didn't even get in until 7pm last night.

Today I'm stuck in work on this beautiful day but I finish at 11.45am so hopefully I'll get to enjoy the rest of the day.

Better get back to it, shhhh don't tell anyone I'm posting here when I'm supposed to be working

Have a lovely day all
x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 09:37 AM

Good morning all overcast again today...

More decorating to be done but we have all the time in the world to do it, I hope.

Meg, I hope you can persuade your GP to realise you desperately need to change your meds. It’s not good enough having to wait til Oct

Enjoy your day everyone...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I spent half yesterday trying to navigate the GP and hospital system post covid. I desperately need a change of medication which can only be done by a consultant and I can't see a consultant until the end of October . A simple email from GP to consultant would settle the issue but that is not possible apparently . Life is very complicated these days...

I can hardly believe that Meg, it sounds a ridiculous situation.
Surely they can't just leave you until October???

Could your son intervene perhaps, and make them get their finger out? Could a nurse practitoiner at the surgery do anything to help?
There must be a better system than that surely.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Meg, in circumstances like that I would contact your doctor , or your consultant, and ask who would be responsible for the deterioration in your health, if you cannot get the medication sooner?
When I did that my doctor said, "I suppose that would be me".......... and she did prescribe the meds I needed!

Give it a try, via your consultants secretary, & ask for a written reply as to why you can't see him till October when the change of medicine seems urgent.

I know you never make a fuss and deal with things yourself, but doctors are responsible for the care of their patient

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top