Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 07:04 AM

Blood tests & bruising.

I had a blood test a few days ago & was a bit shocked at the amount of bruising it left me with.

Is it just me or does anybody else have bad bruising after a blood test?

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 07:22 AM

Re: Blood tests & bruising.

I do bruise - it takes them ages to find a viable vein - but I have never had one as bad as that, Carol. It looks really painful.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 07:29 AM

I have lots of blood tests but never had bruising like that Carol.
If you take any meds to thin your blood, that could have caused it. If not, I would mention this bruising to the nurse, next time you have a blood test, so they can make sure the the wound seals before you leave the surgery!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 08:52 AM

Ouch . No Carol I dont bruise . I wonder if you have thin blood . Recently had a test and not a bruise in sight .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 09:23 AM

I don't get that trouble but Mrs mart does. Sometimes because it's difficult for them to find a vein. Her hand is awfully swollen and bruised from Wednesday's hospital procedure.

I think it will go through impressive stages of black and blue as it gets better.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 09:29 AM

I've found it depends who does the blood test. We have 3 nurses in our practice and one of them is brilliant, she never hurts or bruises me and she always manages to find a vein. The other two aren't so good at Phlebotomy!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 09:37 AM

Sometimes I bruise and sometimes I don’t, it depends which nurse is doing the blood test. They always have difficulty finding the vein in my arms.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've found it depends who does the blood test. We have 3 nurses in our practice and one of them is brilliant, she never hurts or bruises me and she always manages to find a vein. The other two aren't so good at Phlebotomy!

Exactly, Queenie.

I have always found the same as you - it is all down to technique.
There is one woman at my local clinic who I refuse to see anymore because she always bruises me bad.
Last time I let her near me I was black and purple across the entire width of my arm! She is so rough.
Other nurses leave a mark not much bigger than a pin prick.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Sometimes I bruise and sometimes I don’t, it depends which nurse is doing the blood test. They always have difficulty finding the vein in my arms.
Yes, sometimes seem they to have finding veins. Just very frequently for, me but a real doozie when it happens.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 10:00 AM

I had a lot of blood test when I had that spell in hospital, even had to get a speicalist nurse in to find the vein at one stage. Even then never had bruising like that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top