Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 07:35 PM

I feel sad!

Went for a short walk - well, a mile anyway - to the local Spar as I had run out of potatoes and Sainsbury's aren't due until Friday. Was watching people in the streets there and back.

People who would normally stop and chat or, at least, say 'Hello' were leaping into doorways and onto drives to avoid each other.

While I appreciate the reasons and know we all have a duty to keep ourselves and others safe from the plague - it just made me feel very sad!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 07:42 PM

Re: I feel sad!

I think everyone is just scared and extra cautious but surely a quick hello can’t hurt!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Went for a short walk - well, a mile anyway - to the local Spar as I had run out of potatoes and Sainsbury's aren't due until Friday. Was watching people in the streets there and back.

People who would normally stop and chat or, at least, say 'Hello' were leaping into doorways and onto drives to avoid each other.

While I appreciate the reasons and know we all have a duty to keep ourselves and others safe from the plague - it just made me feel very sad!
I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but -apart from in enclosed spaces where people have to wear masks- in my part of the world, you could be forgiven for forgetting about the virus situation. People don't seem to be behaving any differently to normal. The epidemic isn't even a particularly prevalent topic of conversation.
onthe101
New Member!
California, USA
onthe101 is female 

15-11-2020, 08:05 PM

I know! Same in California. We stand 6' apart and shriek at one another through our masks. Mostly we shriek about how we're really tired of the whole thing.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 08:06 PM

I feel the same Tabby, like lemmings, people would rather throw themselves into the path of the traffic rather than pass me too closely....I thought they were joking at first....
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I feel the same Tabby, like lemmings, people would rather throw themselves into the path of the traffic rather than pass me too closely....I thought they were joking at first....
I'm surprised to hear you say that, Foxy, considering you live in the same neck of the woods as me. Are you sure they're not avoiding you for some other reason?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 08:14 PM

They are not like that down here .
Blooming people get too near and I have to ask them to keep their distance .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 08:17 PM

It's those sexy legs, Foxy, they are all jealous!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I'm surprised to hear you say that, Foxy, considering you live in the same neck of the woods as me. Are you sure they're not avoiding you for some other reason?
Do you think it might help if I put some clothes on Harbal?...
Harbal
South Yorkshire

15-11-2020, 08:28 PM

Do you think it might help if I put some clothes on Harbal?...
It might make people less wary of you, Foxy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top