Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 04:42 PM

Re: Boredom

Very interesting.
I am one of those people that very quickly get bored. I read a lot but even that I find it hard to concentrate at times and throw the book across the room, mutter a few naughty words and look for something else to do.
I like walking but am unable to go far now without a walking frame. If the weather is favourable then I hop onto my mobility scooter and go for a ride but as winter is fast approaching the scooter will spend more time in the shed than out on the road.
I have no garden to potter about in so during wet weather I have just Bob my budgie for company. I have neighbours but this Covid thing is keeping them well clear.
Never mind I,m sure there are many more far worse off than I am so I have nothing to grumble about.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 04:50 PM

How about an adult colouring book, Ben? There are some amazing colouring books around for adults ..... take this one for instance.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1098578805#customerReviews

..... all you would need are some coloured pencils or felt tips and you could get quite engrossed in your artwork.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I read a lot, watch TV or play on here. I also watch the squirrels terrorizing the birds at the bird food in next doors garden.
The mention of birds and squirrels made me thing of this song. Not that I'd recommend it as a pastime..

big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
How about an adult colouring book, Ben? There are some amazing colouring books around for adults ..... take this one for instance.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1098578805#customerReviews

..... all you would need are some coloured pencils or felt tips and you could get quite engrossed in your artwork.
I will give it an airing. Sounds interesting but I am hoping 'Adult' does not mean what it means on elsewhere.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I will give it an airing. Sounds interesting but I am hoping 'Adult' does not mean what it means on elsewhere.
Just tap in Adult colouring books in Amazon and you will see quite a choice of good books available.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 05:02 PM

Pesta. If you have a ‘Smart TV’ find YouTube videos for walking treadmills.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 05:24 PM

Something else that can keep my interest for hours is going from one YouTube video to another. There are some fantastic musicians to be found ..and many other interesting subjects.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 05:33 PM

Fnar fnar!

Ain't THAT the truth!
big ben
United Kingdom

18-11-2020, 05:48 PM

Mart.
Like you I flick through from one Youtube channel to another. I am a steam train and vintage air plane buff and have found some very interesting topics. So, why do I get bored?? I don,t know but I just do.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 06:38 PM

Very interesting.
I am one of those people that very quickly get bored. I read a lot but even that I find it hard to concentrate at times and throw the book across the room, mutter a few naughty words and look for something else to do.
I like walking but am unable to go far now without a walking frame. If the weather is favourable then I hop onto my mobility scooter and go for a ride but as winter is fast approaching the scooter will spend more time in the shed than out on the road.
I have no garden to potter about in so during wet weather I have just Bob my budgie for company. I have neighbours but this Covid thing is keeping them well clear.
Never mind I,m sure there are many more far worse off than I am so I have nothing to grumble about.
Hi Ben I am sorry you are bored I get bored very quickly too so I know how you feel but I do have a garden and can still walk quite a long way so take the dog and Mr M out everyday .have you got Netflix ? There are some good filmes ( and lots of crappy ones ) on some are so awful they are funny .like The crown i wished you lived near here you would be very welcome to potter in my garden blooming thing looks a sight i do a little bit if the weather holds
But today only managed one flower pot stuffed some bulbs in before retreating to the house .
Why not get another budgie they fine to watch and it would be company for Bob when you go out .
You could sort out your old photos ( although this can be depressing ) i keep meaning to do that too!
There are those colouring books for grownups that look quite interesting .I draw myself when I can get my rear into gear but if I didn’t those books would be something I would like to do they are said to be very good for stress . Have you considered one of those tops for your mobility scooter so that you are protected from the weather and can still use it in winter ? Do you have mate to call preferably a lady we ladies love talking !
Model making ? model planes maybe ? i used to love doing models of soldiers but hang on i remember that was problematic. The glue tube was always drying shut - yes now I remember why my models were always half finished .
I will try and thing of something else .
Mean time come on here more
Muddy x

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top