Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 12:29 AM

What a coincidence!

Breaking News.

A few days ago, Artangel started a thread called `One for the Republicans` and on that thread I passed a comment that the royal family should be disbanded when the queen died.

By sheer coincidence, the queen has signalled her intention to step down from the throne after her ninetieth birthday in May in favour of prince Charles. The palace has stipulated a condition that for Charles to ascend the throne, Camilla will not be granted the title of queen but rather the one of King's Consort. Apparently this condition has been discussed for the last few months and was finally agreed this week.

Interesting times ahead.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 02:08 AM

Re: What a coincidence!

Not for a second doubting your story, Judd but I went looking for a bit more info and could find nothing.
Where did you get this "Breaking News" ?

Going back about 6 months I did find this little gem though ...
"Queen Elizabeth may soon announce her retirement but don’t expect to see Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles crowned King and Queen.
Alleged palace sources say that the Queen’s retirement comes with one very important – and historic – stipulation –
Prince Charles will step aside and Prince William and Kate Middleton will the next to sit upon the throne of England as King and Queen
."

I thought Lizzie swore decades ago that she would never abdicate - that she'd 'serve' for life ?
Although. I guess everyone is entitled to change their mind.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 07:29 AM

Is it me or does "King's Consort" sound a bit floosyish?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 07:51 AM

Yes, a bit like the charge of "consorting with criminals"
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 08:26 AM

Good try Judd not fooled
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 09:19 AM

Doh! I read Judd's post in the early hours and also went hunting for further information on it I thought he was up late posting too

Well done Judd, I'm not as clever as Meg seeing through people!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good try Judd not fooled
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 11:42 AM

King Nom has a nice ring to it, and ive always fancied being a professional plaque unveiler or curtain opener.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 02:10 PM

Judd, As they say......many a true word said in jest!

Your spoof did better than mine! Mr Pumistone blew mine....the spoilsport
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 02:30 PM

You rotten lot! I always believe every word Judd says, but I have to admit I did suspect he was playing a trick with this one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top