Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 12:06 AM

Re: Knees Bend Arms Stretch

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Natural is where external beauty lies.
Looking for perfection is always going to end in disappointment.

I was a very fit, muscular lad right up until my early 40s, I ain't gonna get that back but I'd still like to trim up a bit.

What happened?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 01:00 PM

I don't know how people can eat so much
I guess the tummy is used to all that food - YUK !
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 01:14 PM

Been quite fit several times hobby related, though stopping the hobbies resulted in weight gain. Would love to get back some of what i had, but injuries and illness have taken their toll. For the last year ive been fairly sedentary and would love to have more mobility, but im getting worse. Probably my worst habit is i like a drink not the best form of calorie intake.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 01:25 PM

That is a shame Nom.
I haven't got alot of sympathy for those who have no interest whatsoever in their health and fitness, but if you would like to be fitter it must be very frustrating not being able to do things you would like to.

I find it increasingly frustrating to do some things because of my dropped arches. It puts pressure on area it shouldn't
This has a knock on affect and makes my feet, ankles and lower legs ache. I was out with my dogs yesterday and had to turn back before I wanted to, just because of my bloomin' feet hurting. I'n better on soft ground, but hard ground and pavements hurt even with soft insoles.

You should come to yoga with me, there are many gentle exercises there you'd be able to do - even some chair exercises - without hurting yourself.

Don't give up, just look for things you CAN do instead of what you can't.
Any luck with a scooter yet?

p.s. don't mind me for saying, but are you sure booze is safe if you're on any medication? It's a long way to come to resuscitate you. .
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 02:49 PM

Im sick of doctors telling us all to go to the gym..

For a start I dont earn enough for a gym membership second where do I find the time ? After work when Im cooking and cleaning at home or in the wee small hours before work?

With my joint problems the other partner at the practice told me give up zumba or sign up for a knee replacement, this one says why not do spinning (cycling on static bikes) instead but thats just as hard on the knees..

Cycling to work or walking the dog doesnt count as movement she told me..Then my nieghbour complained to me that her doctor had said she should get herself a dog or borrow one so that she got some excersize..
I wish they would make up thier minds...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is a shame Nom.
I haven't got alot of sympathy for those who have no interest whatsoever in their health and fitness, but if you would like to be fitter it must be very frustrating not being able to do things you would like to.

I find it increasingly frustrating to do some things because of my dropped arches. It puts pressure on area it shouldn't
This has a knock on affect and makes my feet, ankles and lower legs ache. I was out with my dogs yesterday and had to turn back before I wanted to, just because of my bloomin' feet hurting. I'n better on soft ground, but hard ground and pavements hurt even with soft insoles.

You should come to yoga with me, there are many gentle exercises there you'd be able to do - even some chair exercises - without hurting yourself.

Don't give up, just look for things you CAN do instead of what you can't.
Any luck with a scooter yet?

p.s. don't mind me for saying, but are you sure booze is safe if you're on any medication? It's a long way to come to resuscitate you. .

I cant have a scooter noplace in my flat for one, i stopped all medication before Christmas, and im afraid now im in permanent pain, all joints affected can barely tie my own shoelaces now. I would have went swimming but still cant get the wound wet 7 months on. Cheers though kind of you to comment.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2016, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
[/B]

I cant have a scooter noplace in my flat for one, i stopped all medication before Christmas, and im afraid now im in permanent pain, all joints affected can barely tie my own shoelaces now. I would have went swimming but still cant get the wound wet 7 months on. Cheers though kind of you to comment.

That's a real pity about the scooter Nom, I thought that could have been alot of help to you. Might it be worth considering moving to somewhere more adaptable if it would make life easier?

Isn't there anything you can have to help with the ongoing pain, or did you take yourself off the meds? You can't stay in permanent pain, it is too debilitating and depressing. Please accept help.
Would it be any help having a look in the mobility shops at some of the velcro fastening shoes instead of laces? That's another little change that could make life a little easier.

I agree swimming could be a good idea for later, it should be good for your muscles/joints/heart and being non weight bearing is a bonus. Sometimes setting ourself a target is good for the mind too, don't you agree?

Anyway, I know you've had a lot to cope with, but you have coped so well so far, and hopefully the worst is over. x

(I know you won't, but I am always here if you felt like a pm. It can be quite beneficial to bend an ear sometimes).
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-04-2016, 06:01 PM

So how'd you get on today? I hope you got some useful advice from CAB, Nom.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top