Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2016, 09:44 PM

Signs of Spring

Over the last 2 days, I have found a huge Wasp flying about in my shed, had a big furry bee fly in my kitchen today, and seen 3 beautiful butterflies in the garden.

Then this afternoon when I was out with my dogs, we were walking along an old disused railway track and down the banking on one side I saw something move. I was very happy to see a big brown Hare sitting watching me.

Other than all the lovely spring flowers around at the moment, has anyone else seen some early animals/insects yet?

(Sorry if this should have gone in Pets & Animals Meg)?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2016, 09:56 PM

Re: Signs of Spring

Ive seen a Cabbage White Butterfly , Ladybirds and a few Bees, my GS got stung by one at the weekend .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2016, 11:40 PM

A few bees and a butterfly .... but I've seen hordes of gnats. Clouds of them were hovering in my garden today. Big fat ones. I wouldn't mind so much but come summer they'll make a meal of me, they always do.

Tis still nice to see spring springing though.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 06:11 AM

A few bees here too. The trees are all in bud and the birds are singing their lungs out.
The ducks are doing it...noisily!

At the weekend I saw the mad hares boxing and chasing around the fields and there are some young goats in the local park...

On the man made side of things, the motor bikes are out and men in tight leather suits adorn the highways... yum yum.
Plus the Germans have started to arrive.. In merc's the size of small busses towing caravans the size of trains they stream in and take up residence on local camp sites.
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->

On the man made side of things, the motor bikes are out and men in tight leather suits adorn the highways... yum yum.
do like a bit of leather
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:01 AM

Blue bells are coming out here and saw a baby deer one of those tiny breed ones last night.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 12:30 PM

We have a Chiffchaff chiffchaffing away in our Magnolia. The males arrive first then grab & defend a territory before the females get here.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
A few bees here too. The trees are all in bud and the birds are singing their lungs out.
The ducks are doing it...noisily!

At the weekend I saw the mad hares boxing and chasing around the fields and there are some young goats in the local park...

Plus the Germans have started to arrive.. In merc's the size of small busses towing caravans the size of trains they stream in and take up residence on local camp sites.
Originally Posted by Welshie ->
do like a bit of leather
Now I know why it's mainly male drivers who try to force us(bikers)off the roads........jealousy
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Blue bells are coming out here and saw a baby deer one of those tiny breed ones last night.

Aah, how lovely Julie.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 02:41 PM

I wish we could see some signs of Autumn, this is the second month of Autumn and tomorrow is 32'C - 10'C above the average for this time of year.

The odd above average day is OK but we have not seen any average temperatures since Autumn started over a month ago, as for rain? Pah! none.

Last weekend the sea temp was still 24'C (probably warmer than your spring temp too)

My friend in Malaysia is complaining about temperatures of 38'C, which is exceptionally high for them. Temperatures are usually 32 or 33'C all year round (all you need a weather forecast for is to tell you if it is going to rain)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top