Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:10 AM

A totally ruined shag.

This morning, in a fit of stupidity I carried a tub of brick acid through the house and dropped it, hall carpet is now totally ruined.

My house is for sale and I have a viewer tomorrow evening so I phoned a local carpet company for a quote....£2k you can forget that. £2k for a hall ain't happening.

So I'm going to a company that guarantees 24hr fitting for something a tad cheaper.

I'm so angry with myself, for the sake of going back into my house for the side gate key I was too lazy and this is what it cost.

Idiot.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:24 AM

Re: A totally ruined shag.

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
This morning, in a fit of stupidity I carried a tub of brick acid through the house and dropped it, hall carpet is now totally ruined.

My house is for sale and I have a viewer tomorrow evening so I phoned a local carpet company for a quote....£2k you can forget that. £2k for a hall ain't happening.

So I'm going to a company that guarantees 24hr fitting for something a tad cheaper.

I'm so angry with myself, for the sake of going back into my house for the side gate key I was too lazy and this is what it cost.

Idiot.
No, that is why they are called mistake's.I've taken several short cuts in my life,and some have worked and panned out some have bit me in the butt.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:29 AM

Sorry to hear about the mishap, Terry. A question though, how is the housing market going ? Are houses sold quickly or is there a delay ? As you know our housing market was in the pits for awhile. We soon had a lot of Russians come in with fresh cash and bought a lot of the good houses. Nowadays first time home buyers find it very hard to find reasonable affordable housing since the market has skyrocked once again.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:35 AM

It's not moving too badly, I'm lead to believe.
It depends which bracket the house falls into.

I've had offers in the past which I've accepted and agreed to take no more viewers and then the sale fell through, either the buyer found they couldn't afford it or they've found somewhere else etc.

I've had an offer which I've accepted but I'm not stopping new viewers, I've wasted too much time in recent months.

As for Russian buyers, they're more city buyers especially London.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:55 AM

Ouch to that price Tpin
I've got a half decent rug going begging if that's of any use to you?!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2016, 11:57 AM

Bear skin, open fire?

Yes please

You'll do anything to get me to come to Wales

A very generous offer but I've ripped the carpet up.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 12:01 PM

Ha!
No it's a geometric patterned one in subtle hues
One you can cover your spillage with
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2016, 12:04 PM

If it's 28' long and 10' wide it will do fine.

I ripped the carpet up so the acid didn't do any more damage, eg underlay.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

05-04-2016, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
If it's 28' long and 10' wide it will do fine.

I ripped the carpet up so the acid didn't do any more damage, eg underlay.
How big?
Will the servants be opening the doors to the carpet fitters?!!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2016, 12:14 PM

These days one's servants have been released, the crunch has hit the rich, you know.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top