Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:04 PM

Which Toilet Paper Do You Use?

I know l'm scraping the barrel here but my drains got blocked today and l had to do a bit of rodding to clear them. I blame the Velvet Quilted (three layers of luxurious softness) white toilet paper for the blockage! As l rodded away l wondered what toilet paper OFF members use?
So which toilet paper do you use and your preferred colour? Not crunchy San Izel, l hope!!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:07 PM

Re: Which Toilet Paper Do You Use?

White Andrex Quilts every time! I don't care if they block the drains or not. My bum needs them

I used to use Velvet Quilts till I bought Andrex when they were on offer - no contest!

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:07 PM

Velvet quilted does it every time! I buy Tesco own Luxury Soft brand, it's not bad and because the cardboard roll is smaller you get more sheets per roll
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:13 PM

Not quilted that's for sure, it clogs. (plumbers love it though)

Andrex Natural Pebble in both loos.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Velvet quilted does it every time! I buy Tesco own Luxury Soft brand, it's not bad and because the cardboard roll is smaller you get more sheets per roll
No way, the cardboard roll size is set by a European Directive.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:14 PM

That reminds me of a story I sometimes tell

My parents had a second home in Cornwall and the next door neighbour did a lot of building work locally in the village and the local council employed him as well when needed.

He was telling us about the number of times he had to go and unblock a ladies drain.
Eventually she said to him "I can't understand why my drains keep getting blocked"

He replied " easy madam, the problem is this, the drains are 3 inch and you have a six inch arse"

I can tell that now as he has passed away
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I know l'm scraping the barrel here but my drains got blocked today and l had to do a bit of rodding to clear them. I blame the Velvet Quilted (three layers of luxurious softness) white toilet paper for the blockage! As l rodded away l wondered what toilet paper OFF members use?
So which toilet paper do you use and your preferred colour? Not crunchy San Izel, l hope!!
I think you'll find it's more than loo paper causing the problem.
I doubt drains were manufactured for a specific thickness of paper
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:22 PM

My pal, Vish went into his local corner shop and asked the price of loo paper.
The assistant said "we have Andrex which is £2.50 for 2 rolls, Spar's own £1.99 for 6 rolls or this unbranded at 99p for 9 rolls"
So my pal took the unbranded.

The following week he was in the same shop and saw tha same assistant
He said " That unbranded paper I bought, you should call it John Wayne"
"Why"
"Cos it's rough, it's tough and takes no sh*t off the Indians"

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I think you'll find it's more than loo paper causing the problem.
I doubt drains were manufactured for a specific thickness of paper
Tpin, What l didn't mention was, the other week, my dog did an accidental wee on the carpet in my bedroom and l used kitchen paper to blot it up! I was in a hurry and near the en suite, so l put the wads of wet kitchen roll in the toilet. I thought at the time as l flushed it, that maybe it was not a good idea but l was in a rush!
About five years ago, l had to call Dynarod out when l lost one of the rods in the drain. He gave me advice on what to do if it happened again. as it is the third chamber that gets blocked!
Horrid job but it's cheaper than paying £99, if you can do it yourself!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:28 PM

Not so much the paper thats the problem its the low level cisterns with reduced water capacity not giving enough of a forceful flush to carry away the waste.

In the case quoted by the OP the easiest solution is a bucket of warm water poured into the bowl, the weight of the water pushes the waste through.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top